Holiday Gift Guide for Siblings!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.
Dedicated to & inspired by my siblings…

The holidays are fast approaching, and with them comes the fun pastime of giving gifts to family and friends. Parents are always the main objective, of course, but what if you have siblings? Yes, siblings tend to torture us (in my case, I’m a middle child, so I get tortured by both sides), but they are (usually) the ones that understand us the most. Not to mention that they are the ones that tell your parents what is that exact thing you want for the holidays. Now, if you don’t know what to give to your lovely siblings this holiday season, we have your back! From your older sister to your baby brother, here are some recommendations to help.

Older brother

Usually, he’s the one that will defend you, but he’s also the one that gives you noogies non-stop. The good thing is that, usually, he’s the one that’s the easiest to please― you could give him socks and he’d be happy. We recommend: Raitrú Card Game ($30.00), perfume or cologne ($25.00+), a graphic tee ($8.00+). If your big brother is of age, you could also get him his favorite alcoholic drink. He’ll appreciate it.

Older sister

You steal clothes from her closet all the time, and she’s the one you can always go to for advice. For her, it’s the thought that counts, but she could’ve already told you what she wants (just pay attention!). We advise: A Sephora Gift Set, a T.J Maxx gift card, or a purse. If your older sister has kids, make her a homemade voucher to take care of the kids for a night! Cost? Free…you might get a headache though!

Little brother

He demands your attention and sometimes annoys you to the point of no return, and yet, you spoil him rotten. Baby brother is all about fun, so whatever you give him has to have some form of entertainment (even if it probably only lasts him 6 hours). We suggest: a gift-card for his video game console of choice, his favorite TV series on DVD (Avatar: The Last Airbender maybe?), or Super Mario 3D All-Stars for the Nintendo Switch. You can also get him a board game and play with him! Just make sure to go too easy on him. After all, it’s all about teaching him a lesson on losing, of course.

Little sister

You fight 24/7, but nobody can touch a hair on her head because then they’ll be dealing with you. Both of you binge-watch series together and team up to annoy your mother (sorry mom, we love you) all the time. If you spend as much time as I do with your sister, she’s probably the easiest one to please (but she can also be very picky). You can get: A Squishmallow ($14.99-$39.99), her favorite artist’s album, or custom jewelry on Etsy. You could also have a movie night together! She gets to pick the movie though.

Hopefully, this Holiday Gift Guide will help you please your siblings. If all else fails, just give them cash or food, that tends to work. Happy Holidays!

A sour patch kid raised in the small town of Villalba, Puerto Rico (she'll argue that she's from Ponce though). She's a total geek who takes everything one fandom at a time. Her major is Creative Writing.