Life > Experiences

Grateful For Our Fellow Her Campus Chapters: Maya From Holy Cross

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

When I was applying to be a member of Her Campus UPR, one of the things that they asked me was why I wanted to be a part of the chapter. I had so much to say, as usual, but the main reason was because I wanted to grow both as a person and as a student. After so many mishaps during my three years at the university, I wanted to be part of an organization that made me develop my skills and, at the same time, allow me to make friends that shared some of my goals and dreams. Now that it’s been a few months since I’ve been a writer in my chapter, I can testify that it’s been everything that I thought it was going to be and more. From various activities where I got to meet amazing new people and have genuine fun with them, to hyping each other’s articles and celebrating all the good things, I can say that I wouldn’t regret anything.

Because Thanksgiving is right around the corner, some chapters decided to collaborate to make a bonding event. My chapter, alongside with chapters from Lasell, the University of Michigan, and Holy Cross, partner with each other to make interviews to get to know each other. In order to get this activity started, we were divided into groups of two and three people. My partner was Maya Faich, a nineteen-year-old from Holy Cross. Even though she admitted to not knowing a lot about the zodiac, this Aries told me that she believes in it regardless. Same! I may not know a lot about the zodiac signs, but catch me reading whatever article or read about Virgos and getting excited when it’s accurate. Here is my interview with her!

Her Campus at UPR: What are you studying right now at Holy Cross?

Maya Faich: I am currently studying Environmental Studies.

HCUPR: Sounds interesting. What are your favorite hobbies?

Maya Faich: I like to sleep; it’s my favorite pastime.  

HCUPR: I love to sleep too, I agree that it’s indeed one of the best things in this world. What is your favorite show?

Maya Faich: My favorite show is Grey’s Anatomy. I love Meredith Grey and Christina Yang so much. 

HCUPR: Funny enough, Grey’s Anatomy was also one of my favorite shows when I was younger. I wanted to be a surgeon because of Meredith and Yang. Who is your favorite musical artist and your favorite song of theirs?

Maya Faich: My favorite artist is 21 Savage. I love his song “ball w/o you.”

HCUPR: Never heard the song, though I’ll make sure to go give it a listen sometime. What do you do in your chapter? Are you a writer, editor, or a staff member? How long have you been part of your chapter?

Maya Faich: I am a writer at Her Campus. I joined last year. 

HCUPR: I am a writer too. If you could be anywhere in the world, where would you be and why?

Maya Faich: If I could be anywhere in the world, I would be in Exuma, Bahamas. 

HCUPR: Never been there, but it’s close to me. Hopefully one day I’ll get to visit. As a writer, what has been your favorite article so far?

Maya Faich: Actually, my favorite article was about Exuma, Bahamas. 

HCUPR: I will read it! What has been the hardest part about writing on Her Campus? 

Maya Faich: I am the worst with deadlines.

HCUPR: Yeah, deadlines are crazy. I’m actually not a fan of them. What are your plans after you graduate?

Maya Faich: After I graduate, I want to get my masters degree.

HCUPR: Why did you enter Her Campus?

Maya Faich: I entered Her Campus to be more active in student organizations; and also, to carry on a fulfilling and exciting role as a writer! 

Nahiria I. Rivera Dieppa is a writer and social media co-director at Her Campus at UPR. Along with her co-director, she handles the planning, posting, and creation of all the content posted to socials associated with HC at UPR. Nahiria's preferred articles discuss life experiences she has found impactful as well as review books she enjoys. While she is double majoring in Creative Writing and Public Relations and Advertising at the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras campus, any team she has been part of outside of Her Campus has been focused on PR and Advertising. She interned in BRAAVE Tribe Collab for the first half of 2023 where she participated in events such as Cumbre Afro 2023. Afterwards, she lent her skills at Infopáginas Media for a summer internship where she analyzed data from small and medium businesses. Nahiria's passion towards writing is directed at Her Campus articles because, in her spare time, she would rather read. Despite what the many physical books on her bookshelf might suggest, fanfiction is where her interest lies most often. Aside from reading, Nahiria loves listening to music (her entire BTS collection can testify), traveling, and spending quality time with friends.