Glamour it up! Outfit Ideas for these Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

We’ve all been in the same stressing situation: What will I wear these holidays? In Puerto Rico, holidays are usually a big deal: amazing food (pasteles, lechón, coquito), great music, and infinite family gatherings… which also require infinite outfits. Sometimes it can be a hassle trying to find inspiration for your holiday outfits, specially when they take place right after your finals, and you haven’t had any time to even think about clothes. To make this task easier, here are some fancy holiday outfit inspirations (for every possible family gathering situation). They’ll look amazing along with all that coquito and those pasteles!

1. Femme Fatale look for the holidays: never forget to use some black, some gold, and a dark sensual lipstick.

2. Red it up! Red is always a good idea for the holidays. Don’t be afraid to repeat a color in your outfit! 

3. Got invited to a really fancy party? Mimic a dress: pair a maxi skirt with a fancy blouse. Don’t forget a clutch!

4. For the wild ones. Mix up neon colors and stand out!

4. Outdoor family gathering? Stay fresh with loose clothing, and keep a natural make-up look. Change up the shoes depending on where you’ll go!

Yuliana is currently majoring in Hispanics Studies, with a specialty in literature from Latin America and Puerto Rico, aspiring to be a Literature Professor. She loves traveling, adores reading poetry and novels, and wishes to write and amazing best-seller someday.