This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

When you’re on a budget, Christmas shopping is a bit harder; especially when you have to stretch out your buck over a few gifts. One alternative is to make DIY presents, but if you’re short on time (or creativity) let this short (cheap!) shopping list help you out on a few ideas for your friends.

1. MAKEUP
    What girl doesn’t love makeup? Sephora has a list on their website with all the items they have available to sell for under $10. At the store, they almost always have a few last-minute steals around the registers and checkout line. Victoria’s Secret and VS Pink also have many products that sell for about $10 each. If you have more than one friend to gift, take advantage of their 3-for or 5-for deals. You can choose from nail polishes, lip glossesflavored glosses, lip stainstravel-size body mists, and more! Essie nail polishes also stay below the $10 line, as do many of Lush’s and Bath and Body Works’ products. 

2. CHOCOLATE
    Everybody loves chocolate! No stocking is properly stuffed without this sweet surprise. Godiva usually has a few small but irresistible treats, like cherry cordials, mini shopping bag ornaments, and solid chocolate Santas. Lindt Chocolatiers have pretty and sweet truffle-stuffed ornaments, their signature chocolate bears (which also come in mini form), and truffle tubes. (Also, Amazon carries a 26oz Nutella tub. Just so you know.)

3. JEWELRY
    Don’t think you’ll find diamonds and pearls within budget, but you can definitely snatch up cute quirky jewelry. Try Charlotte Russe’s $5 Weekly Deal or just browse their whole selection of cheap but awesome jewelry and watches. Forever 21 ALWAYS has great fashion jewelry deals. And don’t forget to check out other stores such as Urban Outfitters and Valija Gitana for some übercool finds.

And when in doubt, if you have no idea what to buy………

4. GIFT CARDS!
    It may be cliched, but at least you know their won’t be any returns! You can pick a $10 gift card from a variety of stores, including Sephora, Starbucks, Forever21 and many other stores! Some stores like Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Forever 21 have the added benefit of eGift Cards — which are only redeemable online, but you’ll never have to worry about losing. 

Happy Holidays, collegiettes! And a big HCXO to you all.

Bonus! Check all the above listed websites for fun trinkets and stocking-stuffers under $10! I found some really neat gifts, like glitter notebooks, totes, and other quirky stuff. Check out our Pinterest board with TONS of ideas for cheap holiday gifts.

Alejandra Camille Ortiz is a twenty-year-old young woman double-majoring in Advertising and Marketing at the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus. She is a contributing writer for HerCampus.com.Alejandra is a social media buff that likes to keep herself up-to-date with all the new stuff on the internet. She doesn't have many worries aside from the feeling that life flying by far too fast for her taste. Her friends say she has constant nerd tendencies, is a multitasker from birth and is the go-to girl for problems that need solving.You can contact her by writing an email to alejandraortiz@hercampus.com.HCXO!
Suzzette Martinez Malavet is a senior at the University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras studying Information and Journalism. She loves photography, shoes, fashion, social media, traveling and exercising outdoors. She has interned at the Capitol of Puerto Rico, Diálogo Digital, Wapa TV, Telemundo Network, U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions and the Corporate Communication/Sales & Marketing Department of the U.S. Mint in DC, but her proudest accomplishment was in Spring 2013 when she founded the very first HC Chapter in Puerto Rico, Her Campus UPR. Suzzette is currently the Chapter Advisor of Her Campus American University, Marymount, William & Mary, and GW. She is also a returning intern this semester at the U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions. This 22-year-old woman is the most career-driven individual you will ever meet. If you want to know a little more about her...if you want to know what makes her tick and what inspires her the most...Unlock the mystery by reading some of her awesome articles!