Foodie Fridays: Antojos Burger Truck Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Located amongst other food trucks over at Miramar Food Truck Park there sits Antojos Burger Truck. Last week, my coworker asked me if I’d ever been, so I answered truthfully and said no. She later on showed me the truck’s Instagram feed and I fell in love. I love myself a good burger and fries so when I saw the photos I simply had to go.

This past Sunday, while binging NCIS on Netflix, I asked some of my friends if they would like to go. Luckily, one of my best friends said yes. I had been salivating over one of their burgers for a couple days; therefore, I was excited that I was going to try one.

Parking

Miramar Food Truck Park sits near Santurce. It’s borderline Santurce/Miramar and on a lot where parking is not that accessible. Luckily, there are around 10-15 parkings reserved for the Food Truck park so if you’re there quite early, or have patience, you’ll be sure to find one.

Schedule

I’m not a big fan of eating so late, so by 4:45P.M. my stomach was already growling. This food truck is open from 5:00P.M. – 10:00P.M. I was imagining myself devouring a burger and some fries, at the speed of light, with my friends. On the other hand, I liked the fact that you can decide to have a chill Sunday outing and sit with your food in quite an aesthetic setting.

Pricing

When I got there, my eyes immediately went to the Triple Cheese Burger. It contains American Cheese, Gouda Cheese and another type of cheese that I simply can’t remember. But, who cares?!

Of course I asked if the meal came with fries and… it did! The combo is your burger, fries and a drink. All for $12 so in total, with taxes, it was $13. I was impressed–simply because I expected it to be more.

Actual Food

As soon as I saw my food, I lowkey cringed. It was seriously so much! Thankfully, I have the appetite of a truck driver (get it?) and I ate the entirety of my plate. There was way too much meat though, you could barely taste the three cheeses that the burger was supposed to have. Also, the fries were a bit too salty. Though, next time I would tell them to hold the salt and pepper a bit, but overall I give it an 8.5 because it really tasted amazing.

Dessert

My friend and I ordered the Cookies & Cream milkshake and, even though my friend died when she paid $13 for it, it was amazing. You get two marshmallows, a Hershey’s Cookies & Cream piece and an Oreo in your milkshake. If you weren’t sharing this dessert, I don’t know how someone would eat it after the meal you get. This milkshake gets a 7.5 simply because it is way too expensive for the amount that it is. The mason jar could be a bit bigger.

Would I go back?

Of course! I am now mentally ready to know that I have to save up $13-$15 for my trip to Antojos once again, but I would gladly do it.

Remember: Miramar Food Truck Park from 5:00P.M. to 10:00P.M. Next time, I am definitely getting the Waffle Burger….

Double Major Student in Human Resources and Marketing Management. She loves Social Networks, Netflix and spending time with books once in a while. She is the oldest of three children therefore she is very responsible, humble and driven. On her spare time she manages to find time to talk to a camera over at her Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/AshleyMarie9521. She wants to change the world, doesn't know how yet but she wants to. "Live like you're at the bottom, even if you're at the top."