This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Fe is one of the most engaging, beautiful, and cutest video games I’ve ever played. You’ll be immersed into a journey where music, sounds, and gorgeous visuals absorb you into the story of a fox-like creature that’s trying to get to know its origin and save the world.

Once you start playing the game, different types of animals appear, accompanied with animal sounds and sceneries of a forest. Everything looks calm, until something resembling a small meteor falls into the forest. The scene transitions into what looks like five shooting stars, each one of them falling one by one, and it turns out that one of those shooting stars is your character, the fox-like creature. You don’t know where you are or where you come from; you just know that you have to figure it out. Luckily, there’s a deer-like creature nearby that looks like it’s willing to lead the way for you. 

A post shared by EA Originals (@eaoriginals) on

Photo via @eaoriginals

The way to communicate with these creatures is to hum a song in the same musical tone that the creature is singing. Personally, I have a Nintendo Switch Lite and with the Switch, you have to tilt your device back and forth until you find the correct musical tone. After you connect with the animal, the creature will help you find your way. There’s just one small problem: creatures that look like one-eyed robots have also come to the forest and animals of the forest are being captured and taken away. You don’t know where those robots come from, as there is no dialogue in the game; only sounds and visuals. Later on in the game, you learn the robots are known as the Silent Ones. It’s up to you to connect with animals of the forest to help them get their home back. 

Throughout the gameplay, you will be able to learn various abilities, such as climbing trees and flying. There are specific plants in the forest that you won’t be able to interact with unless you get the help of a specific animal and learn their specific sound. There are also secret places that you can explore, shortcuts you can take, and hidden artifacts you can find that will help you piece together the puzzle of your origin story― in other words, Fe’s origin. 

Photo via @ea

In this game, you can relax and dive into the wonders of nature and music itself. It’s full of wholesome content that will make you happy to help every creature you encounter and discover a world that you’ve never seen before. How will the game end for this sweet fox-like creature? Will the forest be saved? Will you be able to discover Fe’s origin? You’ll have to play to find out!

This game was developed by Zoink Games and was published by EA (Electronic Arts) under EA Originals. You can find Fe for PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch. It’s usually $19.99, but there are always sales going around! Either way, it’s a must-buy that I definitely recommend. I also recommend checking out the other games that Zoink Games has made! They’ve always got such unforgettable content.

Aimar B. Galarza is an undergraduate English Literature student in the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus aspiring to become a future editor. She has a passion for anything to do with books, film, writing, music, and acting. She enjoys playing the piano and guitar and has also participated in various musicals as a dancer, singer, and actress, one of them being "Homeroom the Musical" which was presented in Ponce, Puerto Rico and later on presented in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Last but not least, she's also a voice actress on YouTube (AimyAngel) who's collaborated in fan dubs, audiobooks, and animated episodes.