This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

i OtwMeSEVBShYovabvDtwFFrkp4qSVs1DM2vVTSPFVm

Photo by Yannick Pulver on Unsplash

Have you ever met someone who has multiple interests, and cannot seem to pick one for the rest of their lives? If so, you’ve probably come across a multi-passionate person. It’s like they don’t have that ONE thing that represents them. Hi, I’m Lilliana, and I’m a proud multi-passionate.

I’m here to give you permission to release. Release the pressure of choosing one path for the rest of your life and the need to find that single hobby, passion, or career that defines you. 

Sure, there’s people that fit within the definition of a theater person, or the animal lover that turns out to be a veterinarian, or the writer that does pure freelance work and publishes a book once a year. What these people seem to have in common is that they have that ONE thing they do and dedicate their lives to. They’ve had this epiphany at some point in their life and found what they want to do for the rest of it. 

I haven’t had that epiphany. In fact, I’ve probably had multiple ones, but not as impactful. Little by little, I’ve learned to make peace with that.

I want you to know that you don’t have to settle for one thing. Settling means you stop putting effort into a certain aspect of your life, whichever it is. Why would you do that?

But also, it’s okay to quit. I have countless unfinished novels that I’ve started writing. I have started podcasts and YouTube channels. At times, I even go back to them because the spark is still there, but if I lose interest, I don’t have to feel guilty about it.

We, the multi-passionate, can be indecisive, and can face burnout and unmotivated slumps pretty easily. Our minds are probably jumping from one thing to another since we want it all at the same time.

I want to let you know that you don’t need to choose the ONE thing everybody else seems to have for the rest of your life because, honestly, where’s the fun in that? Of course, you can jump from one thing to another, start new projects, or simply take a break from what you’re currently working on, just as long as it feels sparkly to you. 

I don’t know why I use “sparkly” as a description for this, but it works for me.  
I want you to be happy, and if one thing doesn’t do your happiness justice, then go find something else. Don’t let anyone limit your capabilities to branch out and start fresh whenever you feel the need for  it. Multi-passionates are here to flow and try and fail and simply just be here, adding a grain of salt into this world, and believe me, the world needs your grain of salt. Why else would you be here?

Photo by Szilvia Basso on Unsplash

My purpose is to create, and help others while doing so. At the end of the day, that’s what I want to do for the rest of my life. In what way will I create? Don’t ask一I might never be done telling you about all the things I’m doing and all the things I still want to do in the future. But I’m okay with it; I’m happy with the blank canvas that I have in front of me, and you should be too. Be excited for what colors you could add to it because you’re the artist of your life, remember that.

With that being said, keep on creating, continue on trying new things, and simply stay real by being yourself. 

Lots of Love,

LYA🤎

Lilliana Correa Garcia is a wellness and experience writer at the Her Campus Rio Piedras Chapter. She focuses on topics such as mental health, self love and having the best college experience even if it may be an unusual one. She also adds a bit of her hobbies such as books and creative endeavors to her storytelling. Beyond Her Campus, Lilliana works as a Jr. Executive at Rosado Toledo& where she helps maintain a clear communication between brands and the agency and makes sure the clients’ needs are being met on a daily basis. She has worked as a freelance social media manager for small businesses such as restaurants and hair salons. She interned in the advertising agency previously mentioned which opened the doors for her to join the team part time. She is currently a senior at the University of Puerto Rico Rio Piedras Campus, majoring in Public Relations and Advertising. In her free time, Lilliana enjoys indulging herself in fantasy novels and woking on a draft of her current novel. She also loves visiting coffee shops around her area to spend time catching up with her friends. She’s a whole hearted Swiftie and is committed to learn every single song by heart.