freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Date Ideas for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Valentine’s day is when you want to do something extra special with your significant other. It’s a day full of magic and were sparks fly, a day filled with romance, and let’s not forget that it’s a day filled with high levels of love. Making this day extra special and romantic is what you should do. So, f you don’t know what you guys can do for Valentine’s here’s a bunch of ideas for you.

El Viejo San Juan

El Viejo San Juan is the best place to go on Valentine’s because it’s not just a magical place where you can make beautiful memories with your significant other but because you have a ton of things to do. You and your significant other can fly kites, have a picnic at El Morro, eat ice cream, walk around holding hands; you can walk in the boardwalk at Bahia Urbana at night to the little museums, eat piragüas, and go to El Parque de las Palomas. In this destination, sparks will fly with your significant other.

Some museums you can find in El Viejo San Juan:

1. La Casa del Libro:

In this museum, you can find a collection of old manuscripts and books, some dating back to the 15th century. At this museum, you can also learn about bookmaking. The admission is $2 for students, teachers, and seniors (65+) but you must have the ID. For general public its $4.

The museum is open Tuesday – Saturday (except holidays) 11:00 am to 4:30 pm

2. Casa Blanca:

Casa Blanca was built in El Viejo San Juan as a fort and the descendants of Ponce de Leon lived there. It was used by the Spanish military and later it was used by the United States as a residence for military commanders. It is used now as a National Historic Monument and one of the best parts of this monument is the gardens. The museum’s admission is free for both the tour and the gardens. The museum is open, sometimes with guided tours, 7 days a week 8:00 am to 12:00 and 1:00-4:30 pm. The gardens are open 7 days a week 8:30 am- 4:30 pm.

3. Museo del Mar:

This museum has a lot of information and models about ships and other devices that are used in sea travel. Museo del Mar has collections of life rings, ships in bottles, and navigation devices from different periods. The museum’s admission is $6 for adults and $3 for kids (ages from 5 to 12). It’s open Wednesday- Sunday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm.

4. El Arsenal

It was a structure built in 1800, that was a naval station and then home to the Spanish military following the Spanish-American War. You can find a few galleries with paintings and decorative arts. Admissions to the museum will vary depending on the exhibit. It’s usually less than $5 for an adult. The hours vary based on the exhibit. Usually Wednesday to Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm.

The information of the museums was brought to you from here.

Altitude Trampoline Park

If you want a different scenario and something more active, then altitude is what you’re looking for. You can find one in Gurabo and Bayamon. There’s not much that you can do than jump but inside the trampolines, there’s a basketball ring, a dodgeball court, a battle team and a foam pit. You can jump for an hour or for two depending on what you order at the front desk, and if you get tired you can buy a pizza or just dine at another place.

The Beach

Another great place to go to is the beach. The beach can be such a romantic place to go for Valentine’s day. A place where you can enjoy the tropical vibes and the fresh breeze.  At the beach you can have a picnic, you can play with “paletas”, you can play volleyball, you can have a sand ball war, you can chill with your significant other, and last but not least you can lay on the sand and watch the sunset together. You also can visit Culebra and Vieques. 

The movies

Even though at the movies you can’t talk much with your significant other it’s a place where you can enjoy the silence of each other. At the movies, you can enjoy the cuddles and hand holding with your partner, and at the end, you can talk about your favorite parts of the movies and have a fresh topic to talk about.

Dave & Busters

Dave & Busters is a really fun place to go with your partner. There are tons of machines that you can play with and compete against your partner. You can also enjoy their restaurant. Here you can have lots of laughs, and if you get bored of playing with the machines you can always walk around the mall and then enjoy a movie since it’s at Plaza Del Sol.

Bowling Alley

If you guys like to get competitive but with the flirtatious vibe, bowling is the perfect thing for you guys to do. When bowling you guys can have a lot of fun, you can be flirty with each other, and you can get competitive in a playful way. You guys can also dine in the bowling alley and go to the mini arcade they have when the time for bowling ends.

By just spreading your love with that extra special someone is what will make their day on Valentine’s. Small details and happiness are what really counts on this day. So, don’t be a stranger to this locations and go on a wonderful date.

1,2,3,4,5,6, thumbnail

Arhiadne is a freshman at UPR. She's currently in the Humanities Faculty but is thinking about changing to the Faculty of Business Administration because she wants to open her own restaurant someday. However, she usually doesn't have much to say about herself because, according to her, she only knows how to binge-watch Netlfix.