This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

If you’re not much of an early bird who is also a fan battling over low prices after stuffing yourself with turkey, then Black Friday may not seem like much fun. But who doesn’t love a good deal? Odds are you’re a Cyber Monday kind of shopper. Cyber Monday is a shopping holiday that usually occurs online on the Monday following Thanksgiving. This year, however, stores are giving shoppers the opportunity to grab what’s up for keeps earlier than expected.

Cyber Monday 2012 reached an all-time sales record — 30 percent higher sale results than the previous year, according to IBM Digital Analytics. IBM reported that one million online transactions were reached. According to ABC15, last year’s Cyber Monday Sale surpassed sales on Black Friday, probably due to social media referral sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. According to American Express, more people are expected to shop online this Cyber Monday than physically visit stores on Black Friday.  A Today article quotes a teacher saying “Cyber Monday is far more exciting to me than Black Friday. I do not enjoy the traffic and chaos involved in shopping at a mall.” Forbes says Cyber Monday 2013 may yield $1.8 billion in sales!

Because of this high sales traffic online, hackers will be on the lookout for any personal information you may enter online. Beware and be wary of shady sites you’re not accustomed to shop on.  Make sure you are buying from a trusted, secure site. Emails claiming to have amazing Cyber Monday deals are most likely scams. Opt for using your credit card instead of your debit card, which is most likely directly linked to your bank account. Be sure to take the necessary measures to stay safe and have fun while online shopping!

Below is a list of some online retailers and their Cyber Monday deals so you can start strategically planning how to shop online! If you have other stores in mind, you can always check CyberMonday.com to see if any deals have popped up. 

• American Eagle Outfitters:  Deals include 50 percent off online and in-stores, as well as an in-store gift with purchases over $60.

• Ann Taylor: 50% off cashmere sweaters in stores and online.

• Anthropologie: Shop 50% off all sale items.

• ASOS: ASOS is offering up to 70 percent off your favorite brands. Psssst! ASOS will give students a 10% discount off every order when you register!

• BaubleBar: Get 15% off two items online with code FRIDAY15, 25% off three items with code FRIDAY25, and 35% off of four items or more with code FRIDAY35.

• Express: Express is offering 40% off everything plus free shipping with no minimum purchase.

• Forever 21: Shop 50% off select merchandise and yellow tag items as low as $3.

• Sephora: Sephora will be offering up their Black Friday deals online earlier than the Cyber Monday sales. You can check out their specials, revealed in a special Pinterest board. The beauty retailer, which recently had a 20-percent-off-everything sale, will offer limited edition products for $10 on Black Friday and $20 on Saturday and Sunday for their Dealtopia

• The Body Shop: Beginning on Wednesday, November 27, you can snag the reusable Community Fair Trade “I <3 The Body Shop" tote, (filled with nine beauty faves) for only $25, with any $30 purchase, both in-stores and online. The Body Shop tote contains Absinthe Hand Butter, Bath Lily, Camomile Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover, Coconut Body Oil, Coconut Soap, Cranberry Shower Gel, Satsuma Body Butter, Satsuma Body Polish, and Vitamin E Moisture Cream. Make sure you check the page again on Cyber Monday for other special deals. Other sites rumor that there will be 50% off sitewide and free shipping on orders $30+. 
  • VS PINK: The PINK Nation App revealed some exclusive deals for this weekend. You can get $25 hoodies or yoga pants, $25 backpacks, and BOGO 50% off bras (plus a free cute mini dog with purchase!) online and in-stores.

Don’t forget to download the Black Friday App on the App Store or Play Store for even more deals!

HCXO and happy deal hunting!

Cyber Monday Deals found on:

Alejandra Camille Ortiz is a twenty-year-old young woman double-majoring in Advertising and Marketing at the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus. She is a contributing writer for HerCampus.com.Alejandra is a social media buff that likes to keep herself up-to-date with all the new stuff on the internet. She doesn't have many worries aside from the feeling that life flying by far too fast for her taste. Her friends say she has constant nerd tendencies, is a multitasker from birth and is the go-to girl for problems that need solving.You can contact her by writing an email to alejandraortiz@hercampus.com.HCXO!
Suzzette Martinez Malavet is a senior at the University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras studying Information and Journalism. She loves photography, shoes, fashion, social media, traveling and exercising outdoors. She has interned at the Capitol of Puerto Rico, Diálogo Digital, Wapa TV, Telemundo Network, U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions and the Corporate Communication/Sales & Marketing Department of the U.S. Mint in DC, but her proudest accomplishment was in Spring 2013 when she founded the very first HC Chapter in Puerto Rico, Her Campus UPR. Suzzette is currently the Chapter Advisor of Her Campus American University, Marymount, William & Mary, and GW. She is also a returning intern this semester at the U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions. This 22-year-old woman is the most career-driven individual you will ever meet. If you want to know a little more about her...if you want to know what makes her tick and what inspires her the most...Unlock the mystery by reading some of her awesome articles!