Collegiette’s Most Embarrassing Moments!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

We’ve all had that moment where we just want to bury our head in the sand or moonwalk out of a situation. (Well, maybe the last one’s just me…) Either way, it’s not really fun to be stuck in embarrassing or awkward situations, but as a collegiette it may be something we are all just too familiar with.

But no fear, Her Campus UPR is here to restore your confidence again, because trust me, what you think is embarrassing has nothing on what some collegiettes have in store. Here are some of the most jaw-dropping moments that made it to onto our list:

• A friend called and asked me, “Can we hang out?” So we met up and there’s her boyfriend. What? And then, the awkwardness began. I realized I was third-wheeling. It was horrible.
  • I have a friend from another university who came to visit me. She was really excited to see me so she practically came skipping towards me, which lead her to trip over the root of a tree right in the middle of campus where everyone could see her. She was a prepa. It was mortifying.
  • My first year I decided to hang out in Condado, it was 9pm and had only eaten a Snickers bar. By 11pm I had pretty much drunk my weight in Tequila 1800 and Don Q. I later decided running across the beach would be fun… only to discover it wasn’t, especially when it included punching my friends in the face and falling over myself. The rest of the night led to vomiting while being carried out to my car, all by 1:30am. Needless to say, I blacked out, and woke up in my bed. Apparently, my “friends” left me inside the car the rest of the night and kept drinking.
  • Long story short, I had a little too much wine on a night out and ended up pushed out in a wheelchair from the Hotel San Juan.

• One day on my way to class during my freshman year I was walking out of the DMN building and I got caught in the middle of a torrential downpour. I chose to take the ramp (bad choice!) and I fell down. It felt as though everyone saw me.
  • At the time I was getting over a cold, which meant I was a complete mess. To my utter surprise I ran into my crush on campus. We spoke for a couple of minutes and it wasn’t long before he made me laugh. The problem was that I was so stuffed up that when I tried to laugh nothing but a ginormous snot bubble came out my nose! Not being able to find any tissues, I simply ran away to the nearest bathroom. We never spoke again.
  • Trying to get to class I got caught in a really bad rainstorm, and to my luck I hadn’t bought an umbrella yet, so I had no choice but to make my way across campus. I was so embarrassed because it was only my first week on campus and people were just pointing and laughing as I was the only one walking under the storm. It wasn’t until I got to my dorm that I realized that my white shirt was completely see-through and my neon pink bra and DD boobs were on complete display.
  • I remember a lab where my girlfriend and I were the only girls. For some reason we were never able to get a lab procedure right, until the very last one. We were so excited because we did it right that we moaned really loudly, of course there was a terribly awkward silence. All eyes turned to straight to us.

Like a true friend there is a guarantee we will laugh at you, but staying honest is only part of the reason you love us. But the truth is, being a little young and naïve is part of what gives us the lessons and mistakes we need to be witty, intelligent women. Part of the process is looking back and having a big laugh at all those embarrassing moments we’ve lived through.

*Photo Courtesy:

www.google.com

www.smosh.com

Suzzette Martinez Malavet is a senior at the University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras studying Information and Journalism. She loves photography, shoes, fashion, social media, traveling and exercising outdoors. She has interned at the Capitol of Puerto Rico, Diálogo Digital, Wapa TV, Telemundo Network, U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions and the Corporate Communication/Sales & Marketing Department of the U.S. Mint in DC, but her proudest accomplishment was in Spring 2013 when she founded the very first HC Chapter in Puerto Rico, Her Campus UPR. Suzzette is currently the Chapter Advisor of Her Campus American University, Marymount, William & Mary, and GW. She is also a returning intern this semester at the U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions. This 22-year-old woman is the most career-driven individual you will ever meet. If you want to know a little more about her...if you want to know what makes her tick and what inspires her the most...Unlock the mystery by reading some of her awesome articles!