This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

As we all know, YouTube has become the home for many instructional and/or informative videos. Today, it streams hundreads of videos daily with different purposes, since it is a free platform, where you can learn just about anything. Why not learn something about makeup too? If you are a makeup junkie – looking for some inspiration – or a newbie – looking for help in the makeup department – this article is for you. Here are a few of the most popular makeup vloggers and some reasons on why you should check them out. Now, let’s talk makeup, shall we?

• NikkeiTutorials: This beauty guru is perfect for fair/light skin girls. She gives the best advice on How to’s and Go to’s. She gives great advice on makeup and skin care, and provides great hacks to make you life easier. Nikkei loves to play with colours and glitter in her videos. She also does fantasy makeup and makes great Halloween tutorials for those interested in something a little different. Her tutorials are exceptional, descriptive and very precise. The videos are very easy to follow through without losing yourself. 

• Lustrelux: This girl will make you want everything! Her videos are very good for light to medium skin tone. Her tutorials are more on the basic colours range (perfect for everyday looks) and she sometimes goes out-of-the-box using seasonal colours. Her lashes are always #GOALS.

• Desi Perkins: Desi loves to do bronze-y makeup tutorials with a twist, not all of them are the same. She always looks like a BRONZE GODESS! Definitely a must watch for the rest of the summer days. Desi is more on the tan side of the spectrum, awesome for those that are in between. She is very funny and very good as well. Her videos are perfectly edited and instructive. She will make you laugh until the end of each video.

• Kathleen Lights: This sweet girl has the best advice on makeup and skin care for people with sensitive and dry skin. Her makeup videos have a very good range of neutral and coloured tutorials. Best for those wanting to look good without the consequences of uncomfortable skin breakouts caused by makeup.

• Jackie Aina: She is hilarious! You will have a great time watching her videos. Gives great advice on what is great for those on darker side of the spectrum. She knows what works and what does not work with this type of skin tone. From foundation, to eyshadows, to undertones, to lipsticks she provides amazing guidance on these topics for ladies with darker complexions.

• Casey Holmes: Oh my oily skin girls, this is the woman you have been waiting for! She has oily skin, as most of us do, and doesn’t hold back on looking for the best beauty items for people with this skin type. She understands the struggle of having a lot of moisture on the skin and works on that. Don’t fear if you have another type of skin though, her make tutorials are made for everyone.

• BeautyBird or PajaritaBella: If you are looking for a latin version of a beauty guru you should follow her. She is great for the latina in you. She has videos in Spanish and English, which ever pleases you the most. This is great for those who want more at-home spanish tutorials with quality content. She is very good at explaining what she does and has no fear on using every color on the palette and make wonders with them.