Campus Profile: Katherine Ventura

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

If you wish to seek inspiration and a new perspective on life, this gal has a very particular one. She’s always herself, living life positively and adventorus, rushing through every oportunity to make her mark. Uniquenes is what makes this girl this week’s Campus Profile. Meet Katherine Ventura!

Name: Katherine Ventura

Age: 21

Classification: 4th year

Major: Political Science

Hobbies: Analog Photography. I wish I had more time for it, though.

Zodiac Sing: Scorpio

Relationship Status: Single

HCUPR: Describe yourself in 3 words.

Katherine: Genuine, Open minded, and a bit stubborn.

HCUPR:Tell us about yourself.

Katherine: Well, I’m a 4th year Political Science student who, after a semester studying in France, is obsessed with wine, beer, traveling, and eating. I try to experience and learn as much as I can, because I feel it’s the only thing that can’t be taken away from me. So, I’m constantly looking for a next adventure.

HCUPR: Whats your favorite food?  

Katherine: Food is my favorite food. I’m a fatty, haha.

HCUPR: Are you a member of any organization in the UPR?

Katherine: Model of United Nations.

HCUPR: Why?

Katherine: It has to do with what I’m studying. Plus, it’s fun!

HCUPR: What is the best part of it?

Katherine: The rush of the debate and knowing that there’s people that are interested in what’s going on outside of Puerto Rico.

HCUPR: Who is your favorite writer? Why?

Katherine: I’m not really much of a reader. I read a lot, but not necessarily books. It’s usually articles, mainly about politics and feminism. But if I had to choose a favorite writer I would say it’s Caio Fernando Abreu. He is a Brazilian writer, who’s literature served as a metaphor to the culture, society, and politics of Brazil in the 1970s and 1980s.

HCUPR: How do you spend your free time?

Katherine: I have a list of movies I feel I need to watch, so every time I have a spare hour or two, I try to scratch out movies of the list.

HCUPR: Any favorite artists?

Katherine:  tUnE-yArDs, Arctic Monkeys, Alt-j, St. Vincent, Camelos de Cianuro, Pink Floyd, Beatles. I don’t know, it’s a tough question!

HCUPR: What’s your favorite type of music?

Katherine: Can’t tell, it can go from classic rock, to experimental pop, to indie-rock.

HCUPR: What’s the song you are most obssesed at the moment?

Katherine: As of now, “Do I Wanna Know?” by Arctic Monkeys.

HCUPR: How do you see yourself in the future?

Katherine: Traveling.

HCUPR: What’s your idea of a fun time?

Katherine: Anything that involves my friends. Doesn’t matter where I am, I always have fun with them. Weather we party all night, or just stay up all night talking.

HCUPR: What’s you idea of the perfect date?

Katherine: Anyplace where we can have a nice chat, preferably with a beer in hand.

HCUPR: Any favorite quotes or life mottos?

Katherine: “Nothing lasts forever”.

HCUPR: Last question, Coke or Pepsi?

Katherine: Coke.