This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

If your dream is to talk about different cultures and life while hearing the soothing sound of the ukulele, this cutie is the ideal one for you. Random, passionate, and extremely interesting, meet this week’s Campus Cutie, Juan Antonio Bernier.

Name: Juan Antonio Bernier

Age: 18

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius

Love Status: Single

College Year: Freshman

Major: Chemistry

Hobbies: Playing the guitar, piano, and ukulele; reading, swimming, studying Portuguese, art appreciation, traveling and photography

HCUPR: What’s your favorite book?

Juan: I guess, “El Amor en los Tiempos del Colera” by Gabriel García Márquez.

HCUPR: What’s your favorite movie?

Juan: Star Wars Saga, of course.

HCURP: You previously said that you are single, what are you looking for in your significant other?

Juan: Although I don’t exclude any type of personality, in general, I’m looking for someone very open minded but who at the same time stands out for her own principles, and works to accomplish her life goals. I like someone that is smart and dedicated on whatever she’s studying. A girl that likes adventure, road trips and hangouts but always with a good sense of priorities. I would like to share the common interest in traveling. She has to have a strong personality; other than that, I enjoy discovering new things so I actually prefer that her likes and dislikes aren’t completely identical (except for the traveling).

HCURP: What’s your perfect date?

Juan: It really depends on the day, and with who it is. It does not have to be anything expensive. Generally, I like to relax somewhere with a nice view of the stars, mountains or sea. Other than that, smart conversations about deep and interesting topics such as art, books, science, traveling goals or future plans are a must.

HCUPR: So Juan, what are your life goals?

Juan: I plan to finish a double major in Chemistry and Finances here in UPRRP. After that, I have many options but I plan to finish some kind of post-graduate degree such as an MBA or PhD in Chemistry. At the same time, I don’t want to leave my musical hobbies, and maintain my physical health as long as I can. Finally, the peak of my life goals is to be able to travel the whole world and learn as much as I can from this planet.

HCUPR: Traveling seems to be extremely important for you. Where have you traveled?

Juan: Well, my family and I have always made traveling one of the most important parts of our life and by being a Scout I have had the opportunity of visiting several places. I have been to most parts of Eastern coast of the USA, Panama, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Cozumel(Mexico), Jamaica, Belize, Spain, Canada, France, Germany, England, Denmark, Sweden, China, and Japan.

HCUPR: That’s a long list! Which one was your favorite?

Juan: So far, my favorite place for living is Madrid, Spain. However, my favorite place overall is very hard to determine.

HCURP: Where do you want to go next?

Juan: Next, I am planning a backpacking trip to South America. I hope to visit as many countries as possible, that’s why I am trying to learn Portuguese.

HCURP: What aspects do you like most about traveling?

I love absolutely everything about traveling. Well, as soon as I leave the airport, I reiterate that because I really dislike planes and airports.

I love how traveling opens your boundaries. Going to China is definitely the most life changing trip anyone from the western hemisphere can do. It rearranges your whole perspective of society and life, it’s as if you step into a whole different planet. Also, it is a completely different type of adventure. Every place you visit welcomes you with completely unexpected things and you learn to break the western point of view.

Veronica is currently a student in the University of Puerto Rico Río Piedras Campus. She is double majoring in Accounting and Political Science. Veronica loves to read, cook, travel and learn about new cultures.