Name: Gabriella Pagán Berríos
1. HCUPR: Why did you decide to study Psychology?
Gabriella: I decided to study psychology after many changes in career interests; from modern languages (Italian and Portuguese) to pre-med. The key in my decision making was my passion for psychology. After that, my non-profit was born, Therapy Is Cool.
2. HCUPR: Who is your role model and why?
Gabriella: I have many role models from different disciplines. From spiritual leaders like Buddha to serial entrepreneurs like Richard Branson. But, I would have to say Richard Branson, I mean, who doesn’t want to be Richard Branson? Like him, I dropped out of high school to start working in what I loved, at that time, modeling. Love his business savvy and all-around coolness.
3. HCUPR: What is something about you not many people know?
Gabriella: I was in a Burberry ad.
4. HCUPR: What are some of your hobbies?
Gabriella: Longboarding, TED talks and playing WiiU Super Mario Bros.
5. HCUPR: If you could trade places with anyone in the world alive or dead who would you trade places with? And why?
Gabriella: Nikola Tesla, the guy was an eccentric genius, invented alternating current-one of the most amazing inventions of all time, arrived in NYC with 4 cents in his pocket, he spoke 8 languages, did not cared for fame, he wanted to pursue improvement of the entire world, held over 700 patents and it’s believed the government is withholding Tesla’s records and patents that could hold the secret to free energy! I mean, do I have to keep going?
6. HCUPR: What are your pet peeves?
Gabriella: Feet and fingernails, people biting their nails or having very long nails, or worse, making annoying sounds with their nails.
7. HCUPR: What are the most important characteristics you look for in a partner?
Gabriella: Sense of humor and intelligence. And to be kind of crazy (in a good way), like me.
8. HCUPR: What is your favorite quote?
Gabriella: “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t. You’re right.” -Henry Ford (it’s in my e-mail signature too!)
9. HCUPR: What are your plans for the future?
Gabriella: I plan to continue a master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, so I can work in developing ideas and making them happen with all types of teams and organizations, alongside, and as, a young entrepreneur. I plan to keep pushing further Therapy is Cool, develop media awareness campaigns and to become more business savvy, retire early and move to Monaco.
10. HCUPR: Describe yourself in three words.
Gabriella: Pratical, passionate and precise.