Campus Cutie: Gabriella Pagán Berríos

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Name: Gabriella Pagán Berríos

Age: 24

Year: 6th

Major: Psychology

1. HCUPR: Why did you decide to study Psychology?

Gabriella: I decided to study psychology after many changes in career interests; from modern languages (Italian and Portuguese) to pre-med. The key in my decision making was my passion for psychology. After that, my non-profit was born, Therapy Is Cool.

2. HCUPR: Who is your role model and why?

Gabriella: I have many role models from different disciplines. From spiritual leaders like Buddha to serial entrepreneurs like Richard Branson. But, I would have to say Richard Branson, I mean, who doesn’t want to be Richard Branson? Like him, I dropped out of high school to start working in what I loved, at that time, modeling. Love his business savvy and all-around coolness.

3. HCUPR: What is something about you not many people know?

Gabriella: I was in a Burberry ad.

4. HCUPR: What are some of your hobbies?

Gabriella: Longboarding, TED talks and playing WiiU Super Mario Bros.

5. HCUPR: If you could trade places with anyone in the world alive or dead who would you trade places with? And why?

Gabriella: Nikola Tesla, the guy was an eccentric genius, invented alternating current-one of the most amazing inventions of all time, arrived in NYC with 4 cents in his pocket, he spoke 8 languages, did not cared for fame, he wanted to pursue improvement of the entire world, held over 700 patents and it’s believed the government is withholding Tesla’s records and patents that could hold the secret to free energy! I mean, do I have to keep going?

6. HCUPR: What are your pet peeves?

Gabriella: Feet and fingernails, people biting their nails or having very long nails, or worse, making annoying sounds with their nails.

7. HCUPR: What are the most important characteristics you look for in a partner?

Gabriella: Sense of humor and intelligence. And to be kind of crazy (in a good way), like me.

8. HCUPR: What is your favorite quote?

Gabriella: “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t. You’re right.” -Henry Ford (it’s in my e-mail signature too!)

9. HCUPR: What are your plans for the future?

Gabriella: I plan to continue a master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, so I can work in developing ideas and making them happen with all types of teams and organizations, alongside, and as, a young entrepreneur. I plan to keep pushing further Therapy is Cool, develop media awareness campaigns and to become more business savvy, retire early and move to Monaco.

10. HCUPR: Describe yourself in three words.

Gabriella: Pratical, passionate and precise. 

Personal style blogger who loves black and white... And poetry.
Suzzette Martinez Malavet is a senior at the University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras studying Information and Journalism. She loves photography, shoes, fashion, social media, traveling and exercising outdoors. She has interned at the Capitol of Puerto Rico, Diálogo Digital, Wapa TV, Telemundo Network, U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions and the Corporate Communication/Sales & Marketing Department of the U.S. Mint in DC, but her proudest accomplishment was in Spring 2013 when she founded the very first HC Chapter in Puerto Rico, Her Campus UPR. Suzzette is currently the Chapter Advisor of Her Campus American University, Marymount, William & Mary, and GW. She is also a returning intern this semester at the U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions. This 22-year-old woman is the most career-driven individual you will ever meet. If you want to know a little more about her...if you want to know what makes her tick and what inspires her the most...Unlock the mystery by reading some of her awesome articles!