Campus Cutie: Diego Sánchez

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Name: Diego Sánchez

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Cupey

Major: Political Science

Relationship Status: It’s complicated

HCUPR: What do you like to do in your spare time?

Diego: In my spare time I like to listen to and find new music, and I play guitar almost every day. I also do capoeira, ’cause you know, exercise. Finally, I like to meet up with my friends and have good conversations.

HCUPR: Who inspires you?

Diego: I’ve never had any one person who inspires me, it’s mostly through phases, but my latest inspirations have been Jorge Drexler and Silvio Rodríguez. You could say Silvio has been my inspiration for the longest time.

HCUPR: What memory do you like to look back on most?

Diego: If any memory, it would have to be when my best friend and I sang/played guitar at my graduation ceremony.

HCUPR: What’s your favorite place in the world?

Diego: I haven’t been to the whole world yet, but until now there’s a part of El Yunque (I forgot the name) where when I went with some of my friends we were alone enjoying the river and the forest.

HCUPR: Where do you see yourself in five years?

Diego: I have no idea where I see myself in 5 years. Probably studying abroad, unless an opportunity to do something I can’t refuse happens to come along.

HCUPR: What would you say is the most important quality in a woman?

Diego: The most important quality in a woman for me would have to be how outgoing she is, but I see this coming from her acceptance of herself; beautiful smiles come from this.

HCUPR: What is something not many people know about you?

Diego: I can be very conscious of the things I do, say, or what I wear, but it really doesn’t matter.

HCUPR: If you could be anyone for a day who would it be?

Diego: Andre 3000 or Gael García Bernal. I like being me, though.

HCUPR: All-time favorite song.

Diego: I can’t choose only one, so I’ll say Goliath by The Mars Volta and Sleepless (Cosmo’s Midnight Remix) by Flume.

HCUPR: Describe your life in a movie title.

Diego: Limitless.

HCUPR: If you could go back in time what would you change?

Diego: I don’t think I would change anything.

*The pictures were taken from:

Diego’s Facebook page

Personal style blogger who loves black and white... And poetry.
Suzzette Martinez Malavet is a senior at the University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras studying Information and Journalism. She loves photography, shoes, fashion, social media, traveling and exercising outdoors. She has interned at the Capitol of Puerto Rico, Diálogo Digital, Wapa TV, Telemundo Network, U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions and the Corporate Communication/Sales & Marketing Department of the U.S. Mint in DC, but her proudest accomplishment was in Spring 2013 when she founded the very first HC Chapter in Puerto Rico, Her Campus UPR. Suzzette is currently the Chapter Advisor of Her Campus American University, Marymount, William & Mary, and GW. She is also a returning intern this semester at the U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions. This 22-year-old woman is the most career-driven individual you will ever meet. If you want to know a little more about her...if you want to know what makes her tick and what inspires her the most...Unlock the mystery by reading some of her awesome articles!