Campus Cutie, 12 Days of Xmas Edition: Nadya Nieves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

There is something very peculiar about this girl. I don’t know if it’s her beautiful smile or her never-ending curls, but there’s just something about her that makes it impossible to look away. She’s smart, unique, and friendly… and most importantly, she is true to herself. Everybody likes the girl who plays it cool, laughs at your jokes and beats you at your favorite videogames. She’s a keeper!

Name: Nadya P. Nieves
Age: 20
Major: Biology
Relationship Status: Dating
Hometown: Guaynabo

HCUPR: What are your aspirations in the future?
Nadya: My aspirations for the future ironically enough have nothing to do with what I’m currently studying. I aspire to be an actress/model/singer.

HCUPR: What is your favorite quote? Why?
Nadya: My favorite quote has to be from Audrey Hepburn: “I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.”

HCUPR: Describe yourself in three words.
Nadya: Passionate, caring and understanding.

HCUPR: Do you have anything on your bucket list?
Nadya: I have many things on my bucket list! One of them is to travel the entire world.

HCUPR: What are your hobbies?
Nadya: My hobbies vary depending on my mood; but mainly I watch movies, sing, play video games, go to the beach and hang out with my friends.

HCUPR: Do you have any pet peeves?
Nadya:. I think my major pet peeve is someone without manners.

HCUPR: Why are you studying biology?
Nadya: To be honest, I was interested in psychiatry; the diseases of the mind are super interesting to me. But, sadly, it’s not what drives me. I’m passionate about acting, singing and modeling. My advice to anybody reading: Don’t make the same mistake as I did. Don’t go after something that you might be slightly interested in because it’s more practical than what you love to do the most!

HCUPR: If you could go back in time, what would you change? Why?
Nadya: If I could go back in time, I would probably change my major! But then again, God knows what would’ve happened had I done so! Thankfully, I don’t have any major regrets.

Nahir Robles was a former member of the Her Campus at UPR chapter from 2013 until 2018. She graduated with a Bachelor's in Integrative Biology. Some of her interests include writing, modeling, and wrestling. She is currently a Her Campus Mentor and works as a Pathology Assistant.
Alejandra Camille Ortiz is a twenty-year-old young woman double-majoring in Advertising and Marketing at the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus. She is a contributing writer for HerCampus.com.Alejandra is a social media buff that likes to keep herself up-to-date with all the new stuff on the internet. She doesn't have many worries aside from the feeling that life flying by far too fast for her taste. Her friends say she has constant nerd tendencies, is a multitasker from birth and is the go-to girl for problems that need solving.You can contact her by writing an email to alejandraortiz@hercampus.com.HCXO!