Boy Next Door: Luis Delgado

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

I can honestly say the first thing that striked me when I saw this guy at the famous Beckett theater was his charisma. I’m sorry, but I don’t think I’ll ever meet someone as confident as him. Such imposing figure and to an even more shocking twist, such an amiable person. Sometimes when we’re going out we just want to be left alone, at least us girls, when we’re hanging out, but there’s always an exception to that rule. There is always that guy you’ll meet at an event, or even at a bar, that you let it slide. Because he’s genuinely nice, and funny, and just simply intriguing that you want to know even more about him. So, with that being said, this profile shocked me when he said, his best friends was one of the first ever Campus Cuties interviewed on HerCampus, and I thought to myself, “hey, maybe it’s his time too.” Because this musician, who also happens to be an Anthropologist, has a story to share.

Name: Luis Rafael Delgado Robles

Age: 23

Major: Anthropology

Hometown: Rio Piedras

Classification: Senior

Relationship Status: Single

1. HCUPR: Tell us about yourself:

L.R.: Im a hard working guy who lets his inner child out too much.

2. HCUPR: What are your plans with your major?

L.R.: Keep on studying other areas. The more you know about it, the better conversations you can have.

3. HCUPR: What are your short term goals?

L.R.: I wanna finish my post grad in law and urban planification and live in different places of the world.

4.HCUPR: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

L.R.: I love kids, so in ten years i hope im pretty well established and with at least one kid on the way.

5.HCUPR: If this was your last day to live, what would you do?

L.R.: Oh wow… Umm I’d cook the best breakfast for me and my family and then just go to the beach with my closest friends. I like to enjoy the little things.

6.HCUPR: What would be your last words?

L.R.: Los amo, cabrones!

7. HCUPR: What is your life motto and why?

L.R.: I think my life motto is “haz todo lo que cree una buena historia”, and I’ve lived by that every day.

8. HCUPR: What is your biggest achievement?

L.R.: I honestly dont know, but i have played music in front of thousands all around the world, i have lived in many countries, i have met many people and racked up a lot of stories during a short lifetime and to me that’s an achievement all on its own.

9.HCUPR: Who you were when you were 11? Is it the same person you pictured yourself to be? Why?

L.R.Not at all. Expectations vs. reality almost never work, especially with the realization that life isnt what you pictured when you were a little kid. But am I happy with were i am? Too happy, and pumped for the future!

10. HCUPR: Who is your role model? Why?

L.R.: In my life, role models change depemding on the season of life I’m at the moment. Right now, my role model is a very dear friend called Eric Figueroa, who has been an example for me in his personal, spiritual, and social life. He’s just amazing!

11.HCUPR: If you could do anything without getting caught, what would it be?

L.R.: Wow… This is a tough one… I would maybe throw a party at an unknown persons house! That would be nice!

12. HCUPR: Describe yourself in 3 words.

L.R.: Risk taking extrovert.

Nahir Robles was a former member of the Her Campus at UPR chapter from 2013 until 2018. She graduated with a Bachelor's in Integrative Biology. Some of her interests include writing, modeling, and wrestling. She is currently a Her Campus Mentor and works as a Pathology Assistant.