sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

BOOtiful and SPOOKtacular Transformations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Halloween is just a blink of an eye away! And if you are a lover of All Hallows Eve, I bet you’ve already starting thinking of costumes or may even have your costume idea ready. Every year, shops sell a broad variability of costumes, but if you’d like to get a bit creative, you could literally transform into something else for that one night! This happens once a year, we might as well enjoy every minute of it. To achieve the things I am about to show here, you will need certain items like makeup (lots of it) that you may purchase or have a friend lend it to you, and items that best fit for these looks!

1. Snapchat Rainbow

This is the perfect idea for a last minute transformation. The best part of it is that you don’t need to spend money on a costume, just put on your favorite jeans and shirt and you just got yourself a simple and non-expensive transformation! Click here to watch video.

2. Barbie

For those of you who love a chic and classic look, Barbie is your gal. This amazing youtuber knows exactly how to achieve that perfectly glamorous look. For this look, you can snatch the pinkest clothing items from your closet, or look for further inspiration on Barbie’s Instagram! (Yes, Barbie does indeed have an Instagram: @barbiestyle).  Also, you may wear any career because our famous Barbie doll has been everything you can imagine from a pilot to a doctor and everything in between. Click here to watch video.

3. Sugar Skull

Why be a simple skull when you can be a sugar skull! With this one you can use your creativity and design your skull as you wish, and the costume is also to your discretion. It’s better if you select a color that you want to use, for example purple to make it stand out and using elements that contain purple, combine, and let that to be your perfect sugar skull. Click here to watch video.

4. Spider

What’s scarier than an 8 legged animal with a venomous bite?! This one is a bit challenging to achieve but with the right instruments, the help of a friend and the guidance of this makeup artist, you’ll look like a spider in no time. For the costume you may wear all black clothes and as for the legs, take out your sewing kit. You can buy black fabric (which it is not expensive!), sew long pieces and leave a gap. Fill your leg with cotton, then sow it to your clothes. Take two strong and long pieces of strings, at one of the ends make a circle that fits in your middle finger. Finally tape it, paste it or sow it (which ever you prefer, although if you have your sewing kit out you might as well use it) to all your legs and TADAA! As you move your arms your legs will move with you too. Click here to watch video.

5. Pop Art

It doesn’t get more artsy than this. With this transformation, you will make everyone wonder if you’re real or just a page of a comic book. A red dress is perfect for this sort of transformation because the more colorful you look the more unreal you’ll seem, and that’s the idea! Click here to watch video.