This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Oh glorious summer, you are finally in our grasps! Two months filled with road trips, sunny skies, sand, refreshing dips in the beach, and house parties are now what fill up our schedules. But, all of this can’t be done without some awesome tunes in the background. Here are some of our favorite summer tunes that always remind us of these carefree days.

Now grab your cold beers, sit back on your beach chair, press play, and let the music set you and your friends in the summer mood. I know there are way more songs out there that make you want to shout “school’s out!,” so let us know by visiting Her Campus UPR-Río Piedras and write down your summer jams. With just enough, a second playlist will be all yours for the taking!

Hit PLAY:

Here Comes the Sun – The Beatles

Let’s Go Surfing – The Drums

Ea Dem! – Astro

Unforgettable Season – Cut Copy

Now That I’m Real – Chad Valley

Steal My Sunshine – Len

How Far is Heaven – Los Lonely Boys

Bubble Strut – Tommy McCook & Generation Gap

Sun is Shining – Bob Marley

Summer in the City – Freedom Fry

Sunny Afternoon – The Kinks

I Love It – Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX

Get Lucky – Daft Punk ft. Pharrell Williams

Cruel Summer – Bananarama

Everybody Got Their Something- Nikka Costa

Could You Be Loved- Bob Marley, Damian Marley and Ziggy

Front To Back- Fat Boy Slim

Time of Our Lives- Paul Van Dyk

Come Fly Away- Benny Benassi Ft. Soha & Adam K.

*The picture was taken from:

thebeachbistro.co.za

Suzzette Martinez Malavet is a senior at the University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras studying Information and Journalism. She loves photography, shoes, fashion, social media, traveling and exercising outdoors. She has interned at the Capitol of Puerto Rico, Diálogo Digital, Wapa TV, Telemundo Network, U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions and the Corporate Communication/Sales & Marketing Department of the U.S. Mint in DC, but her proudest accomplishment was in Spring 2013 when she founded the very first HC Chapter in Puerto Rico, Her Campus UPR. Suzzette is currently the Chapter Advisor of Her Campus American University, Marymount, William & Mary, and GW. She is also a returning intern this semester at the U.S. Census Bureau's Center for New Media and Promotions. This 22-year-old woman is the most career-driven individual you will ever meet. If you want to know a little more about her...if you want to know what makes her tick and what inspires her the most...Unlock the mystery by reading some of her awesome articles!