Avengers Infinity War Trailer Breakdown

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Not too long ago, we were all squirming in our seats waiting for the official Avengers: Infinity War trailer to finally drop onto our needy laps. And, it was a sight to behold. A lot happened in a short amount of time, so let’s break it down here.

Let’s start with one of the first shocking moments of the trailer: Vision. He is shown in a human form (essentially Paul Bettany without the makeup) in a clip with Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen). Are we seeing the comic based romance flourish on screen? Is Vision using the Mind Stone to create a new human skin, or is he stripped of the stone thanks to Thanos and turned human? Lots of questions over the man’s skin here.

Next, Thanos is completely revealed in his purple titan glory, showing off his full battle armor that looks amazing. The attention to detail is impressive, considering this is the first trailer and the film is currently in post-production. We also get to see Thanos continue his hunt for infinity stones and actually hold one with his bare hand (for those of you that have seen Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1, you know how crazy this is).

Another big reveal that us fangirls and fanboys were definitely waiting for was Captain Beard—I mean Steve Rogers. He’s seen donning a plain black stealth suit sans the iconic star, expectedly in what appears to be hiding mode ever since he dropped the shield and all that came with it in Captain America: Civil War. It is speculated that he could be evolving into his known title in the comics post-Captain America, The Nomad.

What else did you guys see in the trailer? Any other easter eggs you noticed in the trailer? Check out my podcast Beautiful Losers for weekly geek culture news, chat, and reviews!

A business major in marketing and accounting at UPR-RP in her third year, co-host of Beautiful Losers podcast on iTunes, and owner of local online t-shirt business AIMM.