8 Cartoons to Relive Your 90s Childhood Memories

I don’t know about you, but the more I see the cartoons that my nephews watch, the more I want to take their remote control and put on Tom & Jerry for 10 hours straight. Don’t get me wrong, there are good cartoons airing out there, but the ones we used to watch back in the 90s will remain the best. At 22, I still watch them every now and then because they bring me back to my parents' living room on a Sunday morning and I love those memories!

If you want to take a trip down memory lane, here’s a list of eight cartoons that you surely enjoyed in your childhood:

1. 1. Tom & Jerry

The cat, the mouse, and the dog. Who didn't enjoy their fights? Tom trying to catch Jerry, and Spike chasing Tom. For some reason, Jerry and Spike always ended up beating Tom. The typical fight between dogs, cats, and mice, but with classical music and lots of laughs—such a classic.

2. 2. Scooby-Doo

In each chapter, we enjoyed the adventures of Scooby, Shaggy, Velma, Daphne, and Fred aboard the Mystery Machine. With Scooby-Doo, we learned that the real monsters are flesh-and-blood people in disguise. 

3. 3. The Jetsons

Gym and virtual medical appointments. Remote work and a lot of technology. Who knew we were going to live like The Jetsons nowadays? Some people, sure, just without the flying ships.

4. 4. Arthur

A typical series about the life of a boy in his neighborhood but, instead of a human, Arthur is an aardvark. This educational series presents important family issues on a daily basis but with a humorous approach. 

5. 5. Ed, Edd ‘n Eddy

Jawbreakers! Ed, Edd and Eddy got into a thousand mischiefs to get money and buy jawbreakers. Of course, the funny thing about the story is that their adventures always ended up badly. 

6. 6. The Powerpuff Girls

Who in your group of friends is a Blossom, a Bubbles, or a Buttercup? The Powerpuff Girls have unique personalities that make it impossible not to love them. And of course, their superpowers always worked in unison to save the day and fight Mojo Jojo.

7. 7. Dexter’s Laboratory

Dee Dee! Can you count how many times Dee Dee walks into Dexter's lab? Dexter's attempts to keep Dee Dee out of his lab rarely worked, but would the series be the same if she couldn't get in?

8. 8. Recess

The goal of La Banda del Patio (as the show was known in Spain) was to combat their boredom by engaging in an endless number of adventures that Randall was trying to ruin with his little notebook. The nice thing about this series is that the characters had different personalities, but they all had fun together.

Yes, I know there are a lot of cartoons missing in this list, but if I put all of them here, you were going to end up having a very long marathon. Still, I’m not responsible if you end up organizing one. That's what I did when I was writing this article. Happy viewing!