This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Did you watch the Royal Wedding on May 19th? Were you retweeting all the sweet moments between the now Duke and Duchess of Sussex? Then many of us at Her Campus UPR share that sentiment with you. Now, the wedding and the receptions are over, yet you crave more of that fairy tale magic. Worry not! We have you covered with these contemporary romance books to satisfy your craving for more royal romance.

1. Royally Romanov by Teri Wilson

Terry Wilson’s second book in The Royals series is a retelling of the 1956 classic movie, Anastasia. In it, a museum curator develops a connection with a man who can’t remember his past and may be the last heir of the Romanov dynasty. A sweet and passionate romance sprinkled with Russian history and art that will have you yearning to be in the Louvre.

2. Romancing the Throne by Nadine Jolie Courtney

What if you and your sister fall for the same person? What if that person was the prince? Among high school drama, the complications of new money, and forces wanting to cause chaos, Romancing the Throne has enough drama to keep you up at night. While the romance with the prince is a major plot point, the book also deals with great sister and family dynamics.

3. Royally Lost by Angie Stanton

If you’re in the mood for a summer adventure, you can join Becca as she meets mysterious Nikolai, a runaway prince in search of freedom. When these two meet, adventure and risks ensure—not to mention sparks fly.

4. A Princess in Theory by Alyssa Cole

Self-dependent, rational, and former foster kid Naledi Smith does not have time for fairy tales or what most assuredly is spam e-mail claiming she is betrothed to an African prince. Prince Thabiso shoulders the responsibility of his parents and people as the heir to the throne. He tracks down his missing betrothed, but after being mistaken for a pauper, a chance to experience life without the burden of royalty is too tempting to let pass. Their connection is instant and evolving, but can they expect happily ever after?

5. Prince in Disguise by Stephanie Kate Strohm

Dylan’s perfect sister, Dusty, won the hand of the Scottish laird-to-be Ronan on a television network’s show, Prince in Disguise. Real life is enough for Dylan, but now there is reality TV to face. They are taken off to Scotland by the camera crew in the lead-up filming to the wedding. All this with Dylan in the center of the action as maid of honor. The producers are full of schemes to raise the drama in order to make it worse, too. But the bookish groomsman, Jamie, may be what Dylan needs among the chaos while also preventing her own life from becoming another reality show.

6. The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan

If you are a fan of Prince William and Kate Middleton, look no further than this book that reads like a fanfiction of the royal couple. Once the American Rebecca Porter finds out that Prince Nicholas is living down the hall during her exchange trip to Oxford, things take a turn that is much more the style of Lacey, Rebecca’s twin sister. Dating the prince brings the spotlight, the gossip, and the royal rules wanting to separate the couple through pressures that Bex may not be able to cope with if she’s to be with the man she’s grown to love. On the eve of her wedding, Bex has to face the truth of whether her sacrifices for love have been for nothing, or if they will ensure her fairy tale story to continue.

7. Royals by Rachel Hawkins

Sixteen-year-old Daisy Winter has no desire to be in the spotlight that results from her older sister being engaged to the Crown Prince of Scotland, yet this forces her into relative seclusion with Ellie. While Daisy is being taught the ropes of being regal, the prince’s younger brother leaves disaster wherever he goes, dragging with him young Daisy, who may also be a storm herself, dictating her own rules instead of the royal ones.

Get reading!

Image Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

I'm Jennifer. Addicted reader, and lover of books. I'm a full-time college student majoring in English Literature with aspirations of being a professional editor. Among other things. In the meantime, I obsess over books, history, art, and politics. I believe in freedom of speech and reading whatever you want. ?