This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Being quarantined isn’t easy, considering we’re stuck at home all day, so it’s no surprise to experience frequent boredom. You probably feel like you’ve watched every single available show on every streaming service. But don’t get discouraged! There are plenty more shows coming soon that will hopefully live up to the hype. Just wait and see! 

Lucifer: Season 5

We’ve been waiting for the 5th and supposedly final instalment of the Lucifer series for a year now, after finding out it was renewed by Netflix. I’m very happy to tell you all that we are finally getting it! The official release date was August 21, so in case you didn’t hear, go on Netflix and check it out! 

Trinkets

Last year, the first season of Trinkets came out, and I remember my cousin and I both watched it in one sitting. That cliffhanger at the end left me anxiously wanting the second season right away, but since season one had just been released, I knew we weren’t gonna get it for at least a year. Now, we are finally getting the second (and final) season tomorrow, August 25. I sure hope something good comes along for Elodie, Moe and Tabitha in this season.

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

This series is set after the events of Avengers: Endgame. Starring the same actors from the movies, Sebastian Stan as the Winter Soldier and Anthony Mackie as the Falcon, this series is bound to pack a punch! We know that Captain America passed his shield on to Sam (Falcon) at the end of Avengers: Endgame. However, the series is still called The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, so Sam might be having some issues with coming to terms with the new title. All we know is that they’re probably going to start to live their superhero life without Steve. Although it was rumored to premiere on Disney+ in August 2020, it has officially been delayed due to COVID-19. But no worries! The official websites say the series will be coming Fall 2020 to Disney +; and rumors said that we would most likely get it by August 2020. A new date for the series release is sure to be announced soon.

WandaVision

Just like with The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, we don’t really know much about this new upcoming Disney + series, except that it follows Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) and Vision’s (Paul Bettany) suburban lifestyle, until the action takes over― just like all the Marvel movies we’ve come to love. This series is supposed to start streaming sometime this year (possibly December) if it isn’t delayed because of COVID-19. 

Sex Education: Season 3

Possibly everyone that has seen Sex Education is longing to know what happens in the third installment of this British TV show. And I’m sure that all of us thought we wouldn’t get anything for a while because when the COVID-19 lockdown struck, the show hadn’t even started filming. In spite of what we thought, sources revealed to DEADLINE that the show was set to start filming sometime this August, which means that, if filming isn’t delayed, we might get the third season in the first half of next year. 

Stranger Things: Season 4

I think we all saw that sneak peek they released back in February, right? And after that painful ending to season 3, I bet all of us are really excited for season 4. I, for one, cannot wait to know what happens. Season 4 was supposed to be released on Netflix sometime at the beginning of next year (2021), but unfortunately, it has been confirmed that it will probably be delayed a little more due to the current pandemic. 

I bet all of you are just as excited as I am to finally watch all of these amazing upcoming series. I am most definitely gonna binge watch them the second they are available to stream on their platforms.

Angélica is a Comparative Literature in the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus. She's a wannabe writer that can be found cuddled up in her bed reading a book. Her biggest obsession is Harry Potter and anything to do with it. She has a lot of dreams for her future and hopes to work in a publishing house someday.