This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

We all know how much fun Halloween is. You get to eat all the candy you want, watch movies, and have fun with friends. For some of us, a lot of the fun goes into planning our costumes and wearing them. This year, why not team up with your bestie or your friend group to have fun planning and dressing up? And we know how busy you are, so… we got you covered! Here are some  ideas to dress up with your friends for Halloween 2021.  

1. The Powerpuff Girls

I don’t know about you, but The Powerpuff Girls were a really big part of my childhood. I could spend hours upon hours watching the show. It’s one of my goals to dress up as these characters with my besties, but we haven’t been able to do it so far. If you’re up for this idea, you could go with the classic pink-green-blue dresses with a black stripe or you could go modern with any type of clothes influenced by the three main colors of our badass protagonists. 

2. Winnie the Pooh

When I was in the third grade, I was obsessed with anything Winnie the Pooh, especially Eeyore. I had notebooks, pens, and even water bottles. You can become Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, Piglet or any of the many other characters for this Halloween. You could even get onesies of the characters; or, for a more personalized touch, DIY them. Just like with the previous costumes, for the Winnie the Pooh characters you can use normal clothes with their main colors. For example, for Winnie the Pooh you could go with a red shirt and yellow pants and something to indicate that you like honey, and that’s it! 

3. The Power Rangers

Probably one of many people’s favorite shows, I present to you: the Power Rangers. For those of you who may not be so familiarized with the show, it’s worth mentioning that they’re basically a group of average teens that turn into superheroes. In some versions, this transformation occurs via magic. In others, via technology. If you decide to dress up as the Power Rangers, there will be no doubt in anyone’s mind about what your costume is all about. These famous costumes can be bought in many places, but you can use shirts and tights of the power rangers’ colors and paint their distinguishing symbols.

4. The Scooby-Doo Gang

My siblings and I have always loved all the Scooby-Doo shows and movies, and we were so excited when we saw the announcements for the “Scoob!” movie. We all know what a great style the gang has, so choosing this one would mean tons of fun. You could go traditional by wearing clothing items that look very similar to the characters’ or create an outfit inspired by the same color palettes used by the show’s protagonists. Of course, make sure to include the items that make these characters recognisable, like Velma’s glasses or Daphne’s headband. 

5. Teen Titans

Imagine you and your crew arriving at a party or hang-out while dressed up as Robin, Starfire, Raven, Cyborg and Beast Boy. You’d look totally awesome! This group of teenage superheroes have such characteristic costumes that everyone will totally know who you are dressed as. I’ve seen some amazing cosplays of these characters, and I’m sure you’d be able to pull off something awesome. You can go modern, of course, and use their typical colors with clothes you already have in your house or you can use a mixture of tights, tshirts, bodysuits and paint to DIY your costume. 

6. Hocus Pocus

Which Halloween costumes are a classic? A witch, of course. Then Hocus Pocus it is! The corsets, the long skirts, the details… What is there not to love? The Sanderson Sisters always get the spotlight when they are in the room, and so will you if you choose this costume idea. 

Always remember that what ultimately matters is having fun while planning and dressing up, and I’m sure it will be even better if you do it with your friends. Happy Halloween! 

Angélica is a Comparative Literature in the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus. She's a wannabe writer that can be found cuddled up in her bed reading a book. Her biggest obsession is Harry Potter and anything to do with it. She has a lot of dreams for her future and hopes to work in a publishing house someday.