This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

I’m sure we all love 90’s movies, especially rom-coms or teen comedies from that decade. I absolutely adore sitting down and watching tons of 90’s movies in just one sitting. They just have a way of making me feel like I’m having the time of my life when I watch them. On that note, I’m gonna recommend you a list of some of the best movies that decade produced. 

Pretty Woman

A successful and rich man hires a prostitute and tries to make a sophisticated woman out of her so she can accompany him on a business trip. However, he starts to care for her. This is a very fun and corny movie that everyone should watch. It has an amazingly likeable protagonist and a great chemistry between her and her love interest.

Edward Scissorhands

A man with huge scissor hands created by an inventor lives alone in a mansion. An Avon seller goes up to try and sell some things but ends up taking him with her. Everyone starts liking him after they discover his skill for cutting hair. He is a very gentle person, and soon finds himself falling in love with the Avon seller’s daughter. It’s a very touching and sad movie about this guy that just wants to be loved.

Jurassic Park 

Pretty much everyone has seen Jurassic Park. Science makes it possible to create genetically engineered dinosaurs. A park gets built with these inside, and the creators of it invites a paleontologist to the island. Someone shuts down the computers to commit theft, and tons of dinosaurs escape, including a tyrannosaurus rex and velociraptors. This is an action-packed movie that shows people trying to survive the dinosaur attacks. It’s an all-time classic and if you have not watched it you definitely should. 

Clueless

A blonde, rich and popular high school girl takes the new girl under her wing and gives her a makeover. Then, she tries to get her a boyfriend but soon realizes there’s more to life than clothes, money and popularity. It’s a very interesting and fun story that will have you laughing a lot.

10 Things I Hate About You

This movie is a rollercoaster of emotions. Kat’s sister, Bianca, can’t date unless Kat dates first, however, she doesn’t want anything to do with dating. Bianca’s potential boyfriend then tries to set Kat up with another outcast. It’s a great and fun love love story that will get you completely emotional. 

Never Been Kissed

This movie is about a reporter that goes undercover as a student in highschool to write a piece about high schoolers. She then starts liking a teacher and is tempted to blow her cover. It’s a very funny movie that shows the protagonists’ feelings in a great way even if it’s not a very deep movie. 

These are some of the best movies from the 90’s. Grab some popcorn, get comfortable and go watch them. I’m sure you’ll have tons of fun. 

Angélica is a Comparative Literature in the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus. She's a wannabe writer that can be found cuddled up in her bed reading a book. Her biggest obsession is Harry Potter and anything to do with it. She has a lot of dreams for her future and hopes to work in a publishing house someday.