This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Do you love music? Do you love bands? Do you love to fangirl about them both? Well, this article is all about one of the best bands out there.

5 Seconds of Summer (5SOS) is an Australian pop-punk band composed of lead singer Luke Hemmings, guitarist Michael Clifford, bassist Calum Hood, and drummer Ashton Clifford. This is the story of four kids that wanted to make music and share it with the world; kids that left their small town in Australia and eventually moved to Los Angeles, California to follow their dream.

5SOS got together as a band in December 2011 and have been playing and writing music ever since then. They debuted their first self-titled album in 2014, which sold more than 259,000 copies in its first week. You may recognize some of their songs from that album, like “She Looks So Perfect” and “Amnesia.” The album is full of pop-punk songs that you won’t be able to get out of your head.

They instantly went on their first tour Rock Out With Your Socks Out, which was a complete success, after the release of 5 Seconds Of Summer. With this tour, they gained a bigger fan base that came to be known as “the new broken scene.”

In 2016, they released their second album “Sounds Good Feels Good” which sold more than one millions copies worldwide as of April 2016. They went on a tour that lasted until the beginning of 2017.

Two months ago, on February 22, they released a new single called “Want You Back.” The song is completely different from the band’s usual sound. It has more of a pop vibe and less of that punk spark that used to distinguish them. The four members of the band have expressed in many interviews that they are taking a new direction with their music and that this new album will be something different than what we are accustomed to.

I don’t know about you, but I am more than ready for some new music. After all, I’ve been waiting two years to hear them say the words “the new album is coming,” and it’s finally come true. On June 22nd, their third album titled “Youngblood” will be released.

They have also released a new single called “Youngblood,” like the album. This is a new era for 5 Seconds of Summer fans, and if you have not listened to their music, I hope this article inspires you to do it.

Zoé is a student at the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus passionate about literature, languages and journalism.