5 Most Amazing White Christmas Places in the World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Everyone dreams of having a perfect and happy Christmas where one can share with friends, family, or simply just be on one’s own traveling to see the world’s wonders.

Just imagine cuddling up in front of a cozy fire or hiking up a snowy mountain to reach the peak where you can see everything from a bird’s point of view, or looking out towards a beautiful snowy lake, or even enjoying a stroll around a gorgeous city.

There are many different cultures around the world, and each and every one of them celebrates Christmas in their own manner. One thing that usually depicts Christmas time is the winter season, which means lots and lots of snow in certain places.

In the following list, here are five of the most amazing white Christmas locations that have to be a MUST in each one of our bucket lists:

1. Munich, Germany

Munich, the third largest city of Germany and its capital, turns into a perfect place to be in winter time if you want to take a stroll around an immense and beautiful city, with snow covering up the roofs in a dazzling manner.

2. Hallstatt, Austria

Hallstatt, a village in the district of Gmunden, Austria, can turn into one of the most fascinating places to be in at a White Christmas. It’s a small village that looks like it came from a fairytale, overlooking lake and snowy mountains on the side.

3. Zermatt, Switzerland

Zermatt, a municipality in the district of Visp in Switzerland, became known as a mountain resort of the Swiss Alps. It’s a gorgeous place, and the best place to go skiing, hiking, and climbing on a wintery day.

4. Tallin, Estonia

Tallin, the largest city and capital of Estonia, is a marvelous medieval looking city perfect for the holidays. Its enchanting architecture will leave you breathless.

5. Shirakawa-gō, Japan

Shirakawa-gō Village in Japan is famous for their cute gassho-zukuri farmhouses, which can date to as old as 250 years old! This breathtaking view in the winter season can definitely change your life.

Bonus!

6. Colmar, France

Colmar, a town of the Alsace region in north-eastern France, becomes an enchanting Christmas town during the holidays. Lights and decorations are seen everywhere through the small streets. Big bunches of snow are rarely seen in France, but it doesn’t take away the fact that Colmar is something that came out of a marvelous Christmas fantasy.

All in all, best wishes to everyone, happy holidays and a Happy New Year!

Photo Credits:

Getty Images

Aimar B. Galarza is an undergraduate English Literature student in the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus aspiring to become a future editor. She has a passion for anything to do with books, film, writing, music, and acting. She enjoys playing the piano and guitar and has also participated in various musicals as a dancer, singer, and actress, one of them being "Homeroom the Musical" which was presented in Ponce, Puerto Rico and later on presented in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Last but not least, she's also a voice actress on YouTube (AimyAngel) who's collaborated in fan dubs, audiobooks, and animated episodes.