david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

With October right around the corner, this is the perfect time to start getting ready for Halloween! And what could be a better way to get in the right mood than by watching some good, old (and maybe even underrated) horror movies, right? In case you’re looking for some recommendations, here are five of them for your enjoyment.

1. Train to Busan (2016)

Let’s start this list with the 2016 South Korean movie hit, Train to Busan. If you have watched it, then you understand why it’s a good recommendation for Halloween, and if you haven’t, know that it’s a movie set in a train that’s going from Seoul to Busan while a zombie outbreak is happening outside. It is intense, bloody, and creepy, which makes it perfect for a horror movie night! Check out our Movie Monday here.

2. 28 Weeks Later (2007)

28 Weeks Later is another zombie movie that you should definitely watch if you haven’t (if you’re a zombie fan, of course)! This British-Spanish movie is set in a safe-zone in London after the events of its predecessor 28 Days Later (2002), but the safe zone doesn’t last long. Two kids decide to escape and visit their old house until they’re captured by the military and end up coming back to the safe zone with something (or someone) that shouldn’t have been there.

3. 30 Days of Night (2007)

This movie takes place in a small town in Alaska that’s attacked by a merciless group of vampires while the citizens are stuck in the dark for a month. It’s based on the horror comic of the same name written by Steve Niles and illustrated by Ben Templesmith, and it is a hundred percent, not your typical vampire movie. It’s much worse.

4. Jennifer’s Body (2009)

Jennifer’s Body is one of my favorite underrated movies and I personally think that everyone should watch it for Halloween! It’s about a high school girl that is sacrificed as a virgin to Satan by a boy band and ends up becoming a flesh-eating succubus. It’s funny, bloody and not as intense as the previous ones, so if you’re not into that kind of horror, this could be just the right one for you.

5. Hush (2016)

This terrifying movie is about a deaf writer who basically lives in the middle of nowhere and how she has to fight to survive against a masked killer that appears around her house one night.\

Go! Get spooked!

Just a girl trying to catch up with her major in Comparative Literature who can be found busy reading, writing, or getting lost in the world of video games.