Style > Beauty

5 Earthy Nail Design Ideas That Will Make You Bloom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Earth Week is finally here! Warmer days, multicolor sunsets, bushes filled with beautiful trinidadian flowers to and fro. So many colors fill our views; it is only natural to want those colors to accompany us everywhere we go, and what better way to do so than to incorporate them in our nails!

Get your nail appointment ready, because here are the top 5 nail color/designs for this spring 2023:

Garden Fairy Nails

Flowers are the go-to for spring nails. The natural base color will add a clean and elegant touch to this otherwise magical look, and you will feel just like a garden fairy.

Soil Earthy Nails

Brown is the first color that pops into my head when I think about the Earth: it’s the color of soil, a major component of a plant’s life. Brown is a beautiful color to use as a base, but if you want to add a twist, you can do this side-french tip, which will make you look elegant and bold.

Garden Bush Nails

Green tends to be one of the least-used colors in nail polish, but with the right shade, they can look lovely. I recommend using a soft, pastel shade just like in the picture in order to achieve a delicate, earthy look. And since white is the go-to ally of all colors, it is an excellent idea to add it and create a fun, wavy look.

Sea & Palm Tree Nails

Another beautiful combination with green is to add a pinch of blue, in honor of the sea, which is yet another earthy element. The pastel shades are always a good idea, but for those bold-color lovers, a stronger shade of nail polish would look stunning with this design, as well. 

Trinidarian Pink Nails

This design reminds me of those beautiful balcony gardens I saw when I traveled to Spain. Pink is the nail color that doesn’t need a specific season of the year to be trendy, since it’s always an excellent choice, but they look especially charming during the spring. You can also go for darker shades of pink, such as the fuchsia-like one in the picture, to radiate confidence and femininity.  

Ready for that manicure? Whichever your choice is for this season, I hope you glow with the beauty of a freshly bloomed flower.

Myrangely Méndez is a Comparative Literature and Drama student at UPR, Río Piedras Campus. She loves having a laugh with a good romcom, browse books through Reese Witherspoon's bookclub and daydream about moving to Europe. She hopes to graduate in May 2023 and dedicate her life to writing.