This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

I might not have a valentine, but unlike some people, I don’t feel bitter or sad whenever Valentine’s Day rolls around. And no, it’s not for the reasons you might think. Sure, we have self love and friends we all love a ton that we can spend this holiday with, but I’m talking about the important stuff: Valentine’s Day collections and brand releases. This is honestly the time brands come out with some really beautiful products. And honestly? Most of them are pink and red so what more can I ask for. Now I’ll show you some of my favorite collections from this year.

1. Coach

Let’s start with one of my favorites: the Coach bag collection. This collection features bags in pink, red, brown and cream. A variety of  styles like totes, shoulder bags, and even coin cases. Some of them have hearts or flowers, a solid or dual color. I don’t think I’ve ever fallen so hard for a bag as when I saw the new pink and red heart bag they released this year. Ever since I saw it, TikTok has been reminding me of it and the fact that I can’t afford it. I saw that they had some pretty good deals on the Coach Outlet,  check them out. 

2. Nike

Last year, I was absolutely in love with the Air Force 1 “Love Letter”. However, I wasn’t able to get them because they were sold out in 5 minutesーI completely blame resellers for not being able to get them. I’ve been on the lookout for Nike’s new Valentine’s Collection since the beginning of January. They finally released the news of the new Air Force “Valentine’s Day” at the end of January and they are gorgeous. This pair of shoes are white with pink and red accents, but my favorite part has to be the blocks on the laces that spell “LOVE” and “NIKE”. They are set to be released around Valentine’s Day, and hopefully this year I will be stronger than the resellers. 

3. Colourpop

The heart blushes this brand released last Valentine’s Day were so popular that they had to restock multiple times during the year just to go out of stock in a short amount of time. I got my hands on two of them and they’re great. This year, along with 6 cream lipsticks and an eyeshadow palette, they released more shades of those blushes. If the formula is the same as last year’s, they are really pigmented and soft; and looking at the shade selection of pinks, be it light or dark, they cater to a great variety of skin tones. 

4. Converse

With this new collection Converse really said “Hearts, hearts and more hearts.” Converse is an all time classic that everyone loves, and with the Valentine details they just keep getting better. Some of the most popular ones are the ones with the red lips embroidered all over and the ones with the hearts around the logo. My favorite ones, though, have to be the cream ones with the heart behind the logo and the red stitching. If you are a fan of Converse kicks, you are gonna love these reimagined Valentine’s Day versions. 

5. Voight by Valentina Heartbreaker Collection 

I absolutely adore anything this designer comes out with because all of her products scream that she made them. This new line of mostly lingerieーthough it has some nice lounge setsーthat was released on January 28th, features pinks, reds and black in mesh fabrics. Her pieces are very detailed and should be considered works of art with how astounding they are. Go support Boss Babes like Valentina Voight, the creator of this brand and collection. 

Seeing these beautiful collections…How can we not be happy even if we don’t have a valentine? Let’s think about all the cute Valentine’s products that come in pink, red and heart shape! And if you do have a valentine… these are some great ideas to think about. Let’s go shopping!

Angélica is a Comparative Literature in the University of Puerto Rico, Río Piedras Campus. She's a wannabe writer that can be found cuddled up in her bed reading a book. Her biggest obsession is Harry Potter and anything to do with it. She has a lot of dreams for her future and hopes to work in a publishing house someday.