This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Spooky season is here! It’s around that time in October when we’re finding inspiration everywhere for that perfect (and probably last-minute) Halloween costume. Whether you like to sexy it up like Regina George or look your scariest self like Cady Heron, costumes give us the opportunity to have fun with clothes while dressing up as our favorite character or, really, whatever we feel like. It can be hard to find a last-minute Halloween costume in only a few days, but sometimes everything you need for a costume is right in your closet so you don’t have to make a trip to the mall. If your issue isn’t time but that you don’t have enough inspiration, I hope these trendy costume ideas give you some much-needed inspo.

Eleven from Stranger Things

Do your best “I dump your ass!” with an ’80s Eleven look for your costume. In the third season of the series, Eleven’s style changed a lot by adding colors, dresses and this black paint-splattered buttoned polo with blue suspenders. It’s an easy and iconic costume that won’t break the budget.

Pennywise from It

It: Chapter Two premiered last month and the clown-fever is real. As creepy as It was (get it?), Pennywise is surely an amazing costume. It becomes even more unique when you give it your own flair. You can go the simple route: wear an orange/red wig, all-white clothes and, of course, the makeup. If you need some inspiration, take a look at that chillingly girly version by Kennedy Walsh.

Sabrina from The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

I think we can all agree that Sabrina, from the original Sabrina the Teenage Witch has always been an iconic character. It’s no surprise that the Netflix Original Series made the list. For this costume, you don’t need to buy much. You need a tight-fitting skirt, ideally, faux-leather or vinyl, a long sleeve red shirt or sweater, a white peter pan collar shirt, black knee-high socks, a black headband, and you’re good to go! Bonus: you can continue to reuse these items after Halloween.

Ashley O from Black Mirror)

Everyone was shook when Miley Cyrus appeared as Ashely O on Black Mirror. Her acting was amazing and the plot was dark but light (if that makes sense!). To dress as this pop queen, you’ll need a short pink and a white dress (or a white two-piece). Cari Cavalli nailed the costume.

Rue from Euphoria

If you haven’t watched Euphoria, you definitely should! Aside from the serious topics the series tackles: drug addiction, mental illnesses such as anxiety and depression, sexual orientation and gender identity, it also has unique clothing styles and dazzling glitter makeup. Zendaya does an amazing performance of Rue Bennett, a character that usually wears a red hoodie and occasional glitter makeup.

The Uniform from Elite

Dressing as a schoolgirl is a common costume, especially since Britney Spears’s “…Baby One More Time”. It’s time to give this typical costume a serious upgrade. A Las Encinas school uniform is even better! Wear a black, grey, or dark blue blazer with a skirt of the same color and a white button-down shirt.

Sharon Tate from Once Upon A Time in Hollywood

Margot Robbie’s performance as Sharon Tate in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood gave us 60’s looks that are perfect for a Halloween costume. You can copy this easy one by matching a white mini-skirt and a black sweater with high white boots. I suggest you add big black sunglasses to pull together the whole look.

Arya Stark from Game of Thrones

SPOILERS!

Game Of Thrones released its final season this year and even if you didn’t like the plot, you have to admit that it was a visual masterpiece. One scene we’ll never forget is Arya’s confirmed badass scene: when she stabs the Night King. Though this look is a little hard to copy, you can emulate it by wearing a brown long sleeve shirt, a dark long skirt, high brown boots, and her-half up hairstyle you can rock it any Halloween party. Extra points if you can find a toy dagger.

Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones

While we’re on the Game Of Thrones vibe, another great Halloween costume is dressing up as the Mother of Dragons herself. Khaleesi’s beautiful hair is always braided, so buy a silver-white (or platinum blonde) wig and do a couple of braids to it. Channel her powerful season eight vibes with dark long sleeve shirts and long skirts.

Normani from the “Motivation” Music Video

Last but not least, dressing as Normani’s Motivation look would be an original costume. She stunned in the song’s music video with a pink skirt and top two-piece with 1996 graffitied on the top piece.

Though you can probably find everything needed for your costume on Party City, it’s cheaper if you diy some of your costumes. You can also opt for a costume that has elements that you can reuse afterward! Have fun and stay safe on Halloween.

Alanys Vazquez is a Comparative Literature student in the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus. She loves books, the beach and speaking out on her beliefs.