sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sarah gualtieri 9CApNIkRXRI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 TV Shows to Binge Watch on Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

Halloween is coming, and to prepare for this frightening holiday, here is a variety of shows that could be cool to watch on Halloween. Whether you watch them for costume inspirations or just to get your scare on, doesn’t really matter, you’ll love watching these all the same. 

1. Scream Queens

Most of us know scream queens as the term used for horror film actresses, and the scream queen is Jamie Lee Curtis. Watch her, and other queens such as Emma Roberts, Lea Michele, Keke Palmer and Abigail Breslin, deal with sorority house murders in Scream Queens. 

For a sneak peak watch the trailer here.

2. Stanger Things 

Because if you have not watched it already, Halloween is the perfect time to catch up. Hawkins was your everyday little town until some kids started going missing. Visit Hawkins and its inhabitants in the search for the missing children and the mysterious reason behind it. 

Watch the trailer here.

3. American Horror Story 

Actress, Jessica Lange should be reason enough to watch this. 

Let me break it down for you, every season is different. Whether you like Haunted Houses, Witches, Circuses, or even Asylums, this show has it all. Just pick a season or binge watch the whole thing. It will be worth it!

Here is a brief trailer with a sneak peak of all seasons.

4. Buffy The Vampire Slayer 

Before there was Twilight, there was Buffy. A not so normal teenage girl killing one vampire at a time. 

For further info watch the trailer here.

5. Charmed 

Three sisters, who one day woke up and realized they had magical powers. Join Phoebe, Piper and Prue (or Paige, depends on which season you watch) in their fight against evil and their mission of protecting the innocent. 

Watch the season one trailer.  

6. Courage the Cowardly Dog 

For those of us who have seen it… 

Admit it, it freaked you out as a kid. Relive that creepy nostalgia with Courage! 

For those who have not seen it, this cartoon is about a dog who saves its owners from evil. 

Watch the Trailer.

7. Supernatural 

Two brothers whose reality is not like our own. Join Dean and Sam, in their fight against demons and otherworldly creatures. 

Watch the trailer for a taste of the magic. 

8. Bates Motel

Norman Bates is a classic thriller character. This spin-off, of the life of Norman and his mother, is definitely worth watching.

Disclaimer: it is Norman Bates, so it is strong content.

Watch the trailer

9. The Walking Dead

A zombie apocalypse and the race for survival, now this is a Halloween theme we just don’t seem to get tired of. 

Watch the trailer here.  

10. The X-Files 

David Duchovny plays Mulder, an FBI agent whose cases are a little bit out there, maybe a lotle bit. This is one of my favorite TV Shows of all time, it’s sufficiently creepy, with just the right amount of conspiracy theories, and did I mention it’s about aliens? 

Watch the trailer here.

Ms. Torres is a Creative Writing Mayor at Florida International University, she previously attended the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus. She not only speaks English but Spanish as well, and is currently learning French. Other than writing articles for Her Campus FIU (and previously HC UPR), Veronica has been published by a newspaper in Puerto Rico called "Claridad".