10 Times Amelia Shepherd Was Us

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UPR chapter.

THANK GOD IT’S THURSDAY!

But no…sadly neither Grey’s Anatomy nor Scandal nor How To Get Away With Murder are back. However, going back to Shonda Rime’s world we know that everyone wants to identify with a character on-screen and that’s what sells in Shonda’s shows: how relatable her characters can be. One of the most relatable and strongest characters I’ve seen on current TV is Amelia Shepherd played by Caterina Scorsone. In case you didn’t know she is Derek Shepherd’s youngest sister in the hit TV Shows of Grey’s Anatomy and Private Practice.  With this article I would like to point out to all of those moments where Amelia Shepherd has been us: total badasses. I’m still getting through Private Practice so most of these moments will be from Grey’s Anatomy…

1. There’s been numerous times where Amelia shuts up her older brother. This is one of my favorites. Her character gets over a drug addiction [which is explicitly explored in Private Practice] but her brother doesn’t seem to get the memo that she’s quite alright.

2. She’s overconfident

3. Amelia’s an animal lover like most of us too!

4. Like most hopeless romantics, or begginers in modern dating, she doesn’t understand post-date calling rituals:

5. She’s scared of falling in love, most specifically with Owen Hunt.

6. She hates being questioned by her brother on her ability to be a co-surgeon with him. 

7. Remember the time she dissected [scan on the right] an impossible tumor [scan on the left]?

8. Remember that time she proved to be even a better surgeon than Derek when it came to a past patient’s aneurysm?

9. Amelia shows us it’s okay to cry and be hurting too…

10. She also reminds us we’re all a bit crazy up in the head…a whole lot of complicated:

Double Major Student in Human Resources and Marketing Management. She loves Social Networks, Netflix and spending time with books once in a while. She is the oldest of three children therefore she is very responsible, humble and driven. On her spare time she manages to find time to talk to a camera over at her Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/AshleyMarie9521. She wants to change the world, doesn't know how yet but she wants to. "Live like you're at the bottom, even if you're at the top."