photo of corn field
photo of corn field
Aaron Burden/Unsplash

Why You Should Get Excited for Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

With Christmas right around the corner, it’s easy for Thanksgiving to be looked over. Here are 10 reasons why we love Turkey Day: 

1. Midterms are officially over- AND YOU SURVIVED! Whether you get the whole week off, or just Thursday and Friday like us, it is a much needed break.

2. You get to go home- I don’t know about you, but seeing family and friends that I haven’t seen for months is really exciting. Forget the food, let me see my people!

3. The Food- Disregard my last sentence about forgetting the food… Whether you do traditional food like my dad’s family, or something special like my mom’s family, each dinner is unique and delicious in there own way. Yum!

4. Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade- You are never too old to watch it. 

5. Breaking out the classics- Whether you are watching Charlie Brown or an iconic Friends Thanksgiving episode, I am right there with you. 

6. Football- Whether or not you are a fan, which I’m not, football seems a little more tolerable on Thanksgiving. 7. Leftovers- You’ll be eating good for the next week!

8. Black Friday- Even though I’ll be working, it’s still fun to shop for deals. That is, if you survive the crowds. (Kidding)

9. Christmas Season is approaching- As soon as the table is cleared, my fall decorations are going up, and it’s officially jolly szn. Merry Christmas!

10. You are reminded how lucky you are- A holiday where you are reminded of every blessing in your life? Yes please. 

Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.