etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why the Time to Fail is Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

No, not finals weekCollegiate the time to take chances at what you love is now. College is a short window of opportunity in your lifetime when you have the flexibility to try new things. This is a time to explore all of your interests (no matter how strange) in order to find your purpose in life.

If there has ever been a hobby you wanted to try but thought to yourself “I’m not good enough” or “this isn’t worth my time”, then now is the time to try it. Start a YouTube Channel, blog, or learn to play an instrument. With the World Wide Web at our fingertips the only thing you have to lose is time. With so many resources, mentors, and tutorials to access there is no excuse to not try.

Trust me, I know it’s scary to take that leap. Look at me; I took a leap just by writing this post. As long as I inspire or make one collegiate laugh then I’ve met my goal. Jump with me! It is better to fail by trying then to not try at all.

Time to take on the world ladies!

Lauren is a Public Relations major at University of North Texas with a passion for blogging, DIY, food and learning about the world. She's a self-proclaimed Pinterest addict, coffee lover and constant smiler who can (almost always) be caught eating. She has a serious case of wanderlust and hopes to one day work for a lifestyle and PR firm, as well as publish work focusing on travel.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.