This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

That girl. She is beautiful, healthy, and intelligent. She wakes up in the morning refreshed and ready to take on every day, starting with a workout at 5:30 in the morning. She can do everything she wants in the morning without worrying about the time because she has plenty of it.

That girl listens to podcasts and journals every day to help motivate herself to be the best she can be. She starts every day being perfect so she can get her life together quickly. She saves the mornings and nights to reset from all the stress she has endured during the day to take back her own life.

I am not going to lie, I have given in to the completely unrealistic ways of this Tik Tok trend. The daily life of “that girl” does not capture the imperfections of our daily routines. Some days we need to sleep in or take a break from working out before the sun comes out. This trend gives in to the idea that women need to have a perfect plan for the day ahead right when they wake up.

No one can be perfect all the time. The plan’s change all the time and that is what life is about. Focusing on every move “that girl” makes on Tik Tok can hold you back so much.

In reality, we are already “that girl”. We just need to believe it. Our morning and night routines are specific to your daily life for a reason. There is no need to focus on someone else’s life and what they are doing 24/7.

It is fun to live that specific girl’s life with the homemade matcha and smoothie bowl in the morning for a while, but sooner or later we will have to start living out our own dream life.

Harmony Thomas is a sophomore at the University of North Texas. She is a Digital and Print Journalism major with a minor in merchandising. She loves to blog and write about fashion, music, and movies! When she is not writing you can catch her dancing to the latest Megan Thee Stallion song or shopping for the latest trends.