Everyone has periods of their life where they experience all kinds of bad emotions; anger, sadness, anxiety. It can difficult to distinguish the line between a normal bout of emotions, and something more dangerous. Here are some signs for when you should seek professional help or support. Keep in mind, if this only persists for a week or so, it may not require professional help. If it lasts more than a month, it can have serious consequences. You sleep too much, or too little. The proper amount of sleep is important for healthy brain activity.
- Getting too much or too little sleep, and the resulting exhaustion, can be a sign that your brain is crying out for help.
- You eat too much, or too little. This also goes for gaining or losing weight as a consequence. This can be a sign of a more serious condition.
- An excessive amount of angry outbursts. While it’s okay to snap every now and then, feeling constantly frustrated and angry isn’t a good sign.
- Loss of interest in things you enjoy. When things that used to make you happy or bring you joy don’t make you feel anything, that’s a definite sign something is changing.
- Most importantly, thoughts of self-harm or suicide. If you’re having thoughts of harming yourself, please speak to someone immediately.
These are just some of the most common symptoms. For a good list of symptoms of depression and anxiety, please click on this link: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/depression/expert-answers…
Remember, you’re not alone.