This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Hey, collegiettes! Ever thought about going to an event on campus? Well, you should check out UNT improv on Wednesday nights at 9:30 pm in Wooten Hall. They are a UNT improv troupe that consists of students with a passion for comedy. Every once in a while they invite guest troupes to perform as well. Going to an improv show is very fun and everyone will enjoy it!

It is amazing to see how talented these students are because, while improv shows like Whose Line Is It Anyway? are good, they tend to become a bit repetitive. The UNT improv performances are always fresh, each show is unique and fun and you aren’t hearing the same jokes over and over again. In addition, it’s fun to see how supportive this group is of one another. They interact as a dysfunctional family and say the most appropriate inappropriate stuff while trying their hardest to not break character. As far as jokes go, they are quick and constant but they use a ton of physical comedy as well.

UNT Improv is one of the small groups on campus that no one really knows about until they are introduced to it. If you have time and want a laugh, go check out one of their Wednesday shows! They also have workshops that you can attend on Monday nights. Happy laughing!

I am a fun loving, nerdy, chill, cool girl. I love being a comic book nerd and love to talk about anything and everything. If you want to play video games or even board games I am your girl. I love playing multiplayer games as well as Twister!!! I have a very corky fashion style and well I love it!! I am just a girl that knows what she wants and will try to get there.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.