This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

This semester for the Sister Chapters program, Her Campus UNT proudly partnered with Her Campus SMU to come up with the top ten places to go in North Texas! Visit Her Campus SMU’s page at hercampus.com/smu to read more articles!

Deep Ellum, Dallas: This neighborhood definitely has the cool factor. If you’re looking for killer views and edgy nightlife this is the scene for you, with rooftop bars and speakeasies a plenty. And if you love concerts you can find so many great venues here including, TreesThe Bomb Factory, and Dada.

Fossil Rim Wildlife Center, Glen Rose: Fossil Rim Wildlife Center is drive thru safari guaranteed to give any animal lover a good time and good selfie. Fossil Rim covers 1,700 acres and is home to more than 1,000 animals and 50 different species. Visitors get the opportunity to buy feed so that they can feed the animals that are curious enough to approach the cars. In the middle of the safari adventure there’s a rest stop that includes a gift shop and a petting zoo. Fossil Rim also offers behind-the-scenes tours and overnight stays. And honestly, what’s better than a safari sleepover?

Uptown, Dallas: This is where you’ll find the Saturday night scene. The bars and clubs on McKinney are sure to satisfy your craving for a night on the town. During the day, however you’ll fall in love with the neighborhood’s fun, youthful feel. Dining and shopping here are some of the best in town!

Galaxy Drive-In, Ennis: Go back in time at the Galaxy Drive-In in Ennis, TX. The drive-in offers an opportunity to get away from the stuffy old theatres were used to and out into the brightly lit fields of Galaxy Drive-In. They offer a fun, safe, and family-friendly environment where people can come together to enjoy great food and a great film.

Main Street, Dallas: Downtown Dallas is an experience like no other, and Main Street is quickly becoming the place to be. Visit the original Neiman Marcus store or have drinks (or tea at the Taschen library if you go on a Saturday!) at the Joule Hotel. And don’t forget to stop by the new Forty Five Ten location – the concept store just moved from McKinney to Main (and opened a location in Houston) and the new building is beautiful.

Texas Tulips, Pilot Point: Texas Tulips is a seasonal tulip field filled with 6 acres of botanical beauty. Visitors make the trek to the Texas countryside to stroll through the fields taking pictures and even picking tulips bouquets for yourself. Texas Tulips is perfect for a photo session, a date, or even a proposal (I witnessed one there this Spring)!

*reopening in the Spring of 2017*

The Katy Trail, Dallas: Whether you’re a fitness junkie or just need some peace and quiet, this trail that runs around Uptown is the perfect place to get away. Stop by the shops on Knox Street or meet up with friends a the Katy Trail Ice House – there’s so much to keep you entertained as you get in some much needed exercise.

Denton Arts and Jazz Festival, Dallas: Pull on your rain boots and hightail it over the Denton Arts and Jazz Festival if you’re looking to see a different, more artsy side of Denton. The festival is home to some of the best jazz performances I’ve ever heard and was totally worth the muddy boots and the crowds. They also have vendors that sell anything you’re looking for and a few things that you didn’t even know you needed. It’s perfect for hanging with friends or family.

*reopening in the April of 2017*

Bishop Arts District, Dallas: From brunch to antiquing this adorable district on the other side of the Trinity River has so many fun things to offer. Must-dos are brunch at Boulevardier, dessert at Emporium Pies, and window shopping in this historic neighborhood.  

Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo, Fort Worth: The Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo is an annual must see for any North Texas rodeo enthusiasts. The fair is chalk full of country fun and is by far my favorite North Texas activity. The rodeo features a carnival, petting zoo, food vendors, stock shock show and of course the amazing rodeo show. I left the event trying to figure how I could leave my city life behind and become a full-fledged cowgirl. FWSSR Tip: If you can, find the Stubby’s booth and order a cinnamon with icing. You’ll thank me later!

*reopening January of 2017*  

India is a former campus correspondent at Southern Methodist University and a former national news blogger at HerCampus.com. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram at @IndiaPougher!
Kelly is a junior at the University of North Texas, studying interdisciplinary Studies and Spanish. When not blogging, she enjoys cooking, online shopping, pinteresting up a storm, and exploring both Denton and her hometown of Dallas. You can follow along with her adventures on Instagram or see what's she's pinning lately on Pinterest, she's @kellysredmond on both.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.