This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Growing up, my childhood was filled with lots of laughter because of the shows that I watched on Disney Channel and Nickelodeon. Here are 10 of my personal favorites that will make you remember the good times all over again.

1. Wizards of Waverly Place: I think what was so great about this show was that there was so much involved into this series. Each episode was funny, there was drama here and there, and it added many creative elements that made the show truly adored by fans. 

1. Spongebob Squarepants: This was the only cartoon that I actually liked as a kid. Even though there were other cartoons that were airing at the same time, none of them could ever compare to Spongebob. Me and my sister still blurt out references from the show to this very day.

1. Hannah Montana: When this show first came on Disney Channel, I became instantly hooked. I was one of Miley Cyrus’ biggest fans; I sang along to every single song from the show and I dreamed about becoming a pop star just like her. 

1. iCarly: After watching Miranda Cosgrove as evil Megan on Drake and Josh, it was a little strange for me to see her play someone that was way more sweet. Also, seeing Jerry Trainor play someone who wasn’t mentally deranged was pretty refreshing. Aside from that, this show almost made me and my sister start our own web show.

1. The Suite Life of Zack and Cody: When you take two mischievous twin boys, their single mom, an entitled rich girl, a sweet candy counter girl, and an uptight hotel manager and put them in one show, there’s no going back. Even my parents and my grandparents love this show.

1. Drake and Josh: This is one show that I will never get tired of. Every time I rewatch every single episode it makes my face hurt more and more. The comedy in this show is unlike any other; along with the jokes the physical comedy gets me every time.

1. Good Luck Charlie: Along with me and my sister, my parents are also fans of this show as well. With the family being the main focus of the show it’s really fitting that we watch this show together, which makes it really great for us to spend time as a family.

1. Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide: This show really did help me survive middle school; the tips that I got from each episode really came in handy and I could not be more grateful for a show like this.

1. That’s So Raven: This was truly the only show from the early 2000’s that I was obsessed with when I was little. The comedic aspects of the show really put the show together and has become one of the most beloved Disney shows ever.

1. Victorious: I really thought that there would be a high school just like Hollywood Arts in real life, but looking back I should’ve realized that there could never be one like that. If there was, then sign me up. I know every single song from this show and I still haven’t gotten tired of them.

Danielle is currently a senior at UNT majoring in Broadcast/Digital Journalism and minoring in marketing. When she's not in school she likes to watch YouTube and Netflix, sleep, dance, hang out with friends, go out to eat, and listen to music.
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.