This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

With COVID-19 cases still on the rise, it is still not safe to get together. This means that standardized tests like the LSAT (Law School Admissions Test) will likely be online for a while longer. In October, I sat for the online version of the LSAT, the LSAT-Flex, so here are some tips I would give to anyone who is planning on taking this test soon.

1. Stop studying the day before

You want your mind to be clear and refreshed before you sit for a big test like the LSAT, so try not to study on the day before or the day of the test.

2. Get your space set up the night before

Whether you’re taking the test in the evening or morning, get your workspace ready so you don’t have to worry about it. Get rid of books, papers, and other belongings in the area you’re going to sit, and be sure to check if your computer and internet are compatible with ProcterU as soon as you have your test scheduled.

3. Go to the bathroom before you start

Seriously. You can’t get out of your seat after you start the test, and the last thing you want is to have to use the bathroom in your pants like some have had to do. But if it comes to that, do what you have to do. At least it’ll make a good story when you’re an attorney.

4. Believe in yourself

If you’re sitting for the LSAT, you’ve more than likely spent months studying for the test. You’ve prepared for this, so believe in yourself and your abilities.

Hey! I'm a senior at UNT majoring in Integrative Studies with fields in Political Science, International Studies, and Public Administration. I am also double minoring in Communication Studies and Women and Gender Studies. I love reading, writing, hanging out with my friends, and serving my community. I hope to graduate with honors from UNT in May of 2021 and then head to law school in the fall.