This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

It can be difficult to figure out what to get someone, especially when they won’t ask for anything specific! Here are some thoughtful, somewhat DIY gifts that won’t break the bank.

1. A playlist! Whether it’s a Spotify, Apple Music, or even a CD, giving someone a playlist you made especially for them will be sure to make them happy. Bonus points for a physical CD with art and a track list.

2. A movie night kit! Buying someone their favorite movie, their favorite snacks and a cozy pair of socks is not only a gift for them, but also an opportunity for you two to hang out.

3. A spa night in! Grab a sheet mask, a bath bomb and a small candle, and you’ve got a bona-fide mini spa for the bath-lover in your life.

4. Their own hot cocoa recipe! Fill a bag with a plastic baggie of hot cocoa mix, and add in whatever they like (mini marshmallows, peppermint candies, etc). And, of course, they can keep the mug even after the hot cocoa is gone.

5. Bake for them! If you have baking skills, make them their favorite holiday cookie, or even give them a mix so that they can have it whenever they want.

Journalism major. I like dogs, poetry, and iced coffee, in that order. 
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.