Things to do in North Texas as the Weather Warms Up

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Photo by Jakob Owens.

We collaborated with Her Campus SMU to bring y’all a list of things to do in North Texas as the weather warms up!

Eat

Eat what you love at Trinity Groves

Dallas, TX

Trinity Groves is a new edition to the Dallas and it’s basically an outdoor shopping center for restaurants! No matter what you’re craving on a sunny summer afternoon, they’ve got! Bonus: Right across the street from Trinity Grove is Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge and an amazing view of the Dallas skyline!

Embrace the outdoors at The Rustic

Dallas, TX

Spend your summer nights at a picnic table or lawn chair at The Rustic. Enjoy delicious food, drinks, and live music while the nights begin to warm up.

Drink

Have a drink at the Katy Trail Ice House

Dallas, TX

What better way to spend the approaching sunny afternoons than sitting out on a patio enjoying a drink with your girls? Katy Trail Ice House offers great atmosphere, great drinks, and with the weather warming up a great afternoon hang.

Enjoy a rooftop drink at HC Supply Co.

Dallas, TX

With summer nights come sunsets, nightlife, and a good time. Watch the sunset with a view of downtown while enjoying some Moscow Mules on the roof of HG Supply, which features lots of seating, fireplaces, and tables big enough for all your girlfriends to sit, laugh, and drink as you discuss summer plans.

Play

Look over the city at the GeO-Deck at Reunion Tower

Dallas, TX

The GeO-Deck is the perfect place to go to get a 360 view of Dallas! You can get drink or have lunch inside, but when the weather is nice, you can pop outside on the deck and soak in all the sights from Dallas’ world famous Reunion Tower.

Drive the Bluebonnet Trail in Hill Country

Ennis, TX

Ennis is home to miles of beautiful bluebonnets and bluebonnets have a special place in most Texans’ heart. We love to see them, we love to pose with them, and if you’re willing to take a bit of a drive, Ennis the perfect place to do both.

Sharkarosa Wildlife Ranch

Pilot Point, TX

A warm summers day is great chance to live on the wild side. Sharkarosa Wildlife Ranch is a small private animal reserve that offers 126 acres of educational fun for everyone. Sharkarosa is home to kangaroos, sloths, snakes, and even zebras! As a visitor, you can camp or take private tours of the facility, go on a safari, and a get a selfie!

Relax at Lake Lewisville

Lewisville, TX

Everybody loves a little lake fun! Located in the middle of Dallas and Denton, Lake Lewisville, is the perfect fit for all your lake needs. Wanna boat? Head to Lake Lewisville! Wanna picnic? Head to Lake Lewisville! Wanna relax and soak up the sun? Head to Lake Lewisville!

White Rock Lake

Dallas, TX

Ride bikes, rent kayaks, take your pup to the Dog Park, or BBQ around the lake while enjoying the summer heat. This is the closest Dallas has to a beach, so if anyone is staying in Dallas for the summer, this is the place to soak up the sun.

Six Flags

Arlington, TX

If you want to feel like a kid again and be overwhelmed with an adrenaline rush, make a day trip to some of the largest roller coaster rides in the United States. Perfect for a playful date idea or a day with your friends, you will leave the park with that post-adrenaline high.

Arboretum

Dallas, TX

Located along White Rock Lake, this botanical garden is listed as one of the best in the United States. With grand tree overhangs, plant sculptures, and arrangements that scream ‘Texas Pride!’ this garden is a great place to visit when the weather is nice.

Perot Museum

Dallas, TX

For those days where going outside in the Texas heat becomes a laughing matter, thank the creators of Air Conditioning and visit some of Dallas’ most iconic museums.

Other great museums include: George W. Bush Presidential Library & Nasher Sculpture Center

Kelly is a junior at the University of North Texas, studying interdisciplinary Studies and Spanish. When not blogging, she enjoys cooking, online shopping, pinteresting up a storm, and exploring both Denton and her hometown of Dallas. You can follow along with her adventures on Instagram or see what's she's pinning lately on Pinterest, she's @kellysredmond on both.
Karna is a Junior at Southern Methodist University studying Public Relations, Advertising, and English. She is the Social Media Director for Her Campus SMU, as well as a member of STUMO and Alpha Chi Omega. She is from Orange County, California and loves going to the beach and spending time with her younger sisters when visiting home. When she is not studying, Karna is usually exploring Dallas, listening to country music, or updating her blog, Simply Karna.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.