This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

MOGUL energy

The Morning Toast was a podcast on the Toast News Network that also included podcasts from Josh Peck, Shannon Ford, Margo Oshry and Lauren Elizabeth and is now a podcast on the Dear Media network as The Toast.

The Toast, formerly known as The Morning Toast, is a podcast led by two sisters, Claudia Oshry and Jackie Oshry. Their rebrand comes 5 years after they started The Morning Toast in 2017. This isn’t their first rebrand; the Oshry sisters used to have a podcast titled The Morning Breath with Verizon’s Oath network, but after the Daily Beast released an article stating that the sisters mother, Pamela Geller, is a right-wing conservative activist who is very public about her anti-Muslim views, the Verizon Network cancelled their show. The sisters faced backlash but they claimed that their mother’s views are not their views. After taking some time off, the Oshry sisters took that time to start the Toast News Network and rebrand their image, and that is where The Morning Toast was born.

The Oshry sisters stated on their podcast that aired 10/03/2022 that their contract was coming up and they were calling the “big leagues”, and Dear Media seems to have picked up that call. The sisters claim that their podcast and video quality will be top tier because Dear Media is such a bigger network they offer a lot more resources. It is a pop culture podcast that lets you know the top 5 stories going on in the headlines and why you need to know them. They also have a segment where they go over the TV recap which are shows they are currently watching such as The Housewives, Southern Charm, House of Dragons etc. On some days, they have segments where they give advice to people who write in for advice and one where people write in and “unburden” themselves. I find the podcast very entertaining and informative; it keeps you updated on pop culture without having to read or watch it.  The two sisters have built a dedicated fanbase over the years and hopefully they continue to grow with this new transition.

Hi :) I am a first generation college student who loves pop culture. I am Mexican American and a Texas native, who plans to be an elementary teacher by December 2023.