This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Photo by Kenyah Abdul Aleem

Her Campus UNT launched on February 2nd, 2016, and now we are publishing our last articles for the spring 2017 semester. What a journey it has been. From our rummage sale to team photoshoot to Bloggers’ Dinner, this semester has been jam-packed with events that both my co-president and I have held very dear to our hearts.

This year has been insane with many personal changes in my life, but the one thing that has always remained constant is this organization and the 35+ women behind it. So to my fellow executive board and general members alike: thank you. Thank you for loving this organization and doing your very best to put out the greatest work, both online and in person. Thank you for showing up to our member meetings and bonding events amidst your busy schedules. And, most of all, thank you for expressing what it truly means to be strong, well-rounded women.

Although Her Campus chapters generally don’t post over the summer, we are so excited for this upcoming fall semester to grow as both an online magazine and on-campus organization. Our new chapter is bittersweet; we are saying goodbye to our current exec board and welcoming new leadership and wishing our graduates farewell. However, there are so many fun and empowering events in the making and we can’t wait to execute them!

Check our social media in late July/early August for when applications open for Fall 2017! We are so looking forward to it. ❤

Thank you to our readers for all of your support thus far, and we can’t wait to see what the future holds for us!

Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.