etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Spring Break Essentials: Her Campus Survival Kit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

The wonderful ladies at Her Campus Nationals sent us a Spring Break Survival Kits full of thoughtful products! Here’s what I thought about each of the items.

AZO Cranberry Gummies:

I was really excited to see gummies in the package, especially since as a kid, I would proudly claim that I didn’t have just one sweet-tooth, but twenty-seven. I threw them in my bag in case I found myself in need of a bit of candy, which almost immediately happened. They totally satisfied my need for something sweet, but my favorite thing about these is that they’re made to fight against UTIs and they make urinary tract maintenance super easy. Just two gummies are equivalent to a 10 ounce glass of cranberry juice, so it was an easy way to make sure I was getting plenty of vitamins and antioxidants.

Brappz Straps:

I think one of the worst parts of my life is having to wear a bra. They are something, in my opinion, that is way better in theory than it is in practice, kind of like pulling an all-nighter or dating. What makes or breaks a bra for me is the straps. Unless they fit perfectly, they relentlessly fall down my shoulder and ruin my day. Brappz have already been life-changing because not only do they come in tons of really pretty colors, but they completely solve all of my bra strap dilemmas.

Circle:

Since all of my friends from high school have gone off to different colleges, we pretty much spent the entire break together. One of our favorite things to do is get fast food in the drive-thru and then go to an empty parking lot to talk about life and much on fries. The only problem with this type of hang-out is that we never know how to pay for our food. I’m so glad I found out about this app because it’s an easy and totally secure way to request and accept money through your phone. I love that you can send photos and gifs along with your money messages, it makes the entire process less painful.

Plus, enter SB2016 on the app, under “Settings,” for a chance to get $1,000 toward your Spring Break trip!

Milani Eyeliner:

Honestly, I was a little wary when I saw this product in the package. I don’t usually wear much makeup, let alone purple eyeliner. When I showed it to my roommate, who has impeccable makeup skills, she kindly let me know that the purple would really compliment my light brown eyes and that it’d be a waste if I didn’t at least try it. With newfound confidence, I gave it a shot and I actually really liked the way it turned out. It was really easy to apply, even for someone like me who is really intimidated by liquid eyeliner, and had a great pigment. While this eyeliner is probably not going to turn into something I use everyday, I’m super excited to wear it on a night out with my friends!

TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Pre-Wash Conditioner and Shampoo:

I live for trying out new hair products, so this was my favorite part of the package. I’ve seen so many posts on Pinterest about conditioning your hair before you shampoo for clarity and volume, but I’ve always been a little hesitant to try it. Although I was kind of skeptical at first, I absolutely loved it! My hair was silky, voluminous, and smelled amazing. I don’t know about you, but when I’m having a good hair day, I just feel so much better about everything. I highly recommend this product, it was like a magic potion for confidence.

Hand sanitizer from CEA Study Abroad:

This is only my second semester of college, so the concept of studying abroad still seems like it’s way too good to be true. CEA has programs for undergrads to travel to any of their 21 locations and take classes to earn credits. They sent us small cards with travel grant codes and hand sanitizer, both of which are super useful and amazing in their own ways. They’re currently enrolling for summer and fall, so make sure to check out their website and start planning for your own semester abroad!

Vera Bradley Zip ID Cases:

From eating at the dining hall to getting into my dorm, I probably use my Student !D around twenty times a day. I usually just throw it in my backpack or shove it in my back pocket, which means I spend way too much time going searching for where I put it last. This ID case makes my life so much easier because it’s so adorable and easy to spot. Plus, since it’s by Vera Bradley, I know it’s super durable and will last forever.

I absolutely loved everything in this package and am so excited for everyone to check out these awesome products! Huge thanks from all of us at the UNT chapter to the national Her Campus ladies for letting us try these out!!

Maddie is in her third year of existential woe at the University of North Texas. When she's not in the library, you will probably catch her painting, listening to cute acoustic music, dismantling the patriarchy, or trying to practice good self care. On a good day, she's doing all of them at once.
Orooj Syed is a senior at the University of North Texas, majoring in Biology and minoring in Criminal Justice. Between balancing her academics and extracurricular activities, she enjoys finding new places to travel and new foods to eat. Writing has always been one of her greatest passions and, next to sleeping, she considers it a form of free therapy.