Spooky Season: 6 Things to do During the Month of October

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Participate in a Breast Cancer Awareness Walk 

October 1st is the start of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Every October the city goes pink to raise awareness for breast cancer. They also inform many people on ways that they can catch the early symptoms of breast cancer. During this month many cities host a city-wide Awareness walk. By participating in this walk you are funding the research to find a cure and also representing loved ones, survivors, and fighting warriors. 

Make a Spooky Basket 

Treat someone you love, a friend, or yourself to a spooky basket this October. Fill the basket with Halloween or fall items that you both enjoy, then add yummy Halloween snacks and candy.    

Fall Festivals 

The best thing about fall festivals is that they are everywhere and many different organizations, churches, and groups host fall festivals locally. Fall festivals include activities and foods for all age groups. 

Halloween Movie Marathon 

Every October, Freeform airs a Halloween movie for every day of October. If you’re more of a binge-watcher like myself I would suggest creating a list of Halloween movies and tv shows that you would like to watch and spend a weekend in October with some friends or family watching everything on the list. 

Haunted Houses & HayRides

The number one thing to do during the month of October. Grab a group of friends and take a road trip to the nearest haunted house parks to face your biggest fears. 

Prepare your fall closet 

With October finally coming in the warm to cold weather is finally almost in. You can finally bring out the boots, scarves, hats, and oversized sweaters…towards the end of the month because Texas weather is unpredictable.

Hi, I am currently a Sophomore at the University of North Texas. My major is Journalism with a concentration in Public Relations with a double minor in Spanish and Communication Studies. Follow my journey here: Twitter: @thankmelaterr_ Instagram: @thankmelaterr
Scotlyn is a UNT alum, Class of 2020. She graduated with a degree in Digital and Print Journalism and a minor in English. During her time with Her Campus, she served as the Chapter President for two years, and also held positions as Chapter Advisor, Writer, and Chapter Expansion Assistant through Her Campus Media. And yes, her name is like the country, but spelled differently.