This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

Hey, it’s me again, back with another playlist. This playlist is of some of my favorite love songs for the month of February. Some are sad, some are happy, some are both! 

1. Can’t Take My Eyes off You by Frankie Valli. Starting off with a classic here. Nothing beats this timeless track full of brass and joy. 

2. Space Age Love Song by A Flock of Seagulls. This song sounds like an 80’s movie (granted, it is an 80’s song). Perfect song to get slushies with your crush to. 

3. Make Me Feel by Janelle Monae. From her modern classic Dirty Computer comes the most danceable beat ever. Monae was a mentee of the late Prince, and this song is a perfect example of that relationship with bright, synthy guitars marrying a funky beat. 

4. Heroes by David Bowie. Some argue this isn’t a love song, but it was in Perks of Being a Wallflower tunnel scene AND the ending of Jojo Rabbit so frankly I can say what I want. This song feels like watching the sunset over the highway with your lover. 

5. I Melt With You by Modern English. This is a genuinely perfect love song. What lyric describes how excited you are about the development of your relationship more than “the future’s open wide”?

6. Just Like Heaven by the Cure. Who hasn’t felt like being with their partner is “just like heaven”? This is one of the happier Cure songs, and it exemplifies that happiness with one of the best guitar riffs, ever. 

7. Everlasting Light by the Black Keys. The Black Keys lending their bluesy rock sound to a warm, loving song is unexpected, but appreciated. Haven’t you always wanted someone to be the light of your life? 

8. La vie en rose by Louis Armstrong. All respect to Edith Piaf, but this is my preferred version of the song. This song I imagine is the musical equivalent of slow dancing with your lover on a Parisian terrace at sunset. 

9. I’ll Be Seeing You by Billie Holiday. Loss is apart of love too, and Ms. Holiday knew that well. This has to be one of the best versions of this song, and will never not make me think about the Opportunity left on Mars. 

10. I Don’t Want To Set The World On Fire by the Ink Spots. Another old standard that rings true to this day. Wanting someone’s heart is one of the oldest wishes known to man. 

11. Happiness by Rex Orange County. RIP to Rex’s relationship with long-time muse Thea, who inspired this song, but this is still one of the most romantic songs he’s ever made. Wanting to grow old with someone is a timeless feeling. 

12. Passenger Seat by Death Cab For Cutie. Driver’s License who? This song invented car-related romance. Delicate piano and earnest lyrics makes this song insanely beautiful. 

13. Don’t Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder) by the Beach Boys.

14. Save Me a Place by Fleetwood Mac. Did you really think I’d make a playlist without at least one Fleetwood Mac song? This is one of their slower, softer tracks, and perfectly describes wanting a special place in someone’s life. 

15. Wasteland, Baby! by Hozier. Loving someone during the end of the world? Relatable! This song is a perfect example of acoustic love songs done right.

Journalism major. I like dogs, poetry, and iced coffee, in that order.