Serotonin for the Soul: YouTube Recommendations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UNT chapter.

For a Rainy Day

The spring semester can be exhausting – Denton’s on-a-dime weather, allergies, and midterms can drain the average UNT student. Sometimes, all I want to do is lie on the couch and watch TV or YouTube. So, I have some YouTube shows that I personally enjoy listed below:

A. The Try Guys: Almost every video from this channel cheers me up. It mainly involves four guys goofing around who try new things. This channel actually helped me start a new hobby or two!

B. Markiplier: Select videos from this man get the serotonin going. Polybridge, dog days, and his “try-not-to-laugh” videos are my favorites. However, unless you’re a horror buff, I’d steer away from his horror-game videos.

C. Rachel Southard: Great for the more family-friendly or med-focused gals! She’s a good motivator for anyone studying STEM, and it’s relaxing to watch her routine and studying. Most of her videos are good for a quick pick-me-up.

D. Unhhhh: This collection of drag-show comedy is less family-friendly…by far. But it never fails to provide a good laugh while sometimes bringing light to LGBTQ+ issues. Never without a punchline. Best for the chaos-enjoying viewer.

If you look up these channels or give them a view, I hope they bring you a springtime smile!

Hi, I'm Kylie! I am currently a Psychology major at the University of North Texas. In my downtime, I enjoy many artsy things, so that's what most of my writing will be about.